Medical ideas

Discussions and chats related to Six Days in Fallujah.
Chief6062

Medical ideas

Since I understand this games seeks to be realistic, there's a russian game called Escape from Tarkov. I believe alot could be learned or taken for ideas and pro's and con's with what they currently have implemented in their game
- I have +600 hours logged on escape from tarkov ill gladly answer any questions or elaborate.
AmperCamper
Community Manager

Re: Medical ideas

Of course, hats off to Tarkov for its successes in the shooter and survival space.

Is there anything you'd like to share regarding Tarkov's medical system, specifically?
Chief6062

Well I have to ask an open ended question. How is the health system thought to be like. HP points ? Divided among body libs / sections. Plans for inventory management? (Hot key selection) How do I know where I've been hit. What does one have to do to access and treat the injury.

They have perfect high stress medical management. In a raid every load out I have to carry bandages (for small bleeds) , hemostat (for large bleeds) , Splints (for bone breaks) , pain killers/ morphine (for tremors or pain from taking a hit after being healed) IFAK/AFAK (For restoring lost HP)

1 good firefight, hit 6 times plates stop 3. Arm shot, leg broken. Heavy bleed. I've now burned 80% of my medical supplies for the fight. And spent 5 minutes addressing and hiding to heal

- I play the medic for my squad. Enough meds for 2 people for 2 fights.
Chief6062

Going into this with the mindset that these are Trained military soldiers. And supplied and geared, +2 tourniquets for a standard rifleman with bandages and a small Ifak. Medic would have the more serious stuff. Plasma, morphine, splints, ect
It really comes down to the how long do we want to spend to heal after a fight, how do we access the medical inventory, and how do we access our wounds after a fight. More indepth we go the longer it takes to heal in game.
AmperCamper
Community Manager

As far as health goes, there is an ongoing discussion here that I recommend checking out, but the TLDR for us is that health does not regenerate and we're experimenting with the system.
Chief6062 wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 11:59 am It really comes down to the how long do we want to spend to heal after a fight
This is a great question I want to ask: how in-depth do you want to see healing? Would you trade ease of accessibility for something more busy and cumbersome? Something in-between?
staropal0972

I would like to see multiple ways to get back into the fight, but simply healing yourself just isn't going to cut it for me. I would imagine corpsman doing the job instead, with medical instruments and tools that can be used to give medical attention to the other AI teammates/players.

Taking partial notes from Tarkov with its divided health system would be great, with different parts of the body when hit, inflicts status effects (slower movement, slower reload time, bleeding).
Chief6062

I love the idea and thought of the corpsman being the one incharge of medical treatment. Factor in the time and if it's a solo team or squad team interaction. Like for solo interactions I would prefer to do it myself rather than an AI burn through meds on treatment. Prioritizing is a huge concern with medical systems too in games. I would also love being able to throw a downed teammate over my shoulder or drag him out on the ground (if libs got broken) and stabilize if possible.

As for time to heal I am use to +7 minutes. But many console gamers are not use to more than 30seconds which in a strong reality may determine which way the table turns. PC games have squad, arma and mods. Which have advanced healing and extreme details with how to treat and identify a wound. (Checking pulse, blood pressure, inspecting limbs. Then applying correct treatment) and those players will be a huge market for this game (Would 2 modes for healing be a possibility. Simplified and detailed to capture both markets)
DocHussey

As a Corpsman that spent two tours in Al Anbar, I think that individual IFAK kits (hows that for RAS syndrome) are a great idea with a dedicated Corpsman/68W/CMT who carries the brunt of the medical supplies. My Marines usually carried an IV in their bags as well, just to ensure that we had enough.
evan466

[Redacted]
Last edited by evan466 on Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
BobTank63

evan466 wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:51 pm Just from a gameplay side, I remember jams would sometimes happen in the old America's Army game. It was so infrequent that you usually couldn't remember how to unjam anything when it finally would happen. My opinion is that it's probably unnecessary unless it's a factor in a lot of the stories related to the team. If this was a game about the early parts of Vietnam then I could definitely see a need showing malfunctions with the M16, but may not fit this setting.
Was this supposed to be a post in the thread on jamming?