FPS only or can you switch to 3rd person also

Discussions and chats related to Six Days in Fallujah.
Darren12

FPS only or can you switch to 3rd person also

Just wondering if you can switch between 1st person and 3rd person views during gameplay. A friend wanted to know as he's more into 3rd person but I myself don't care if it's only 1st person but also think it'd be good to be able to switch between both views.
Also wondering if there's any kind of calling in air strikes or close support.
Sorry but I don't know if air support was used during the battle
BobTank63

Re: FPS only or can you switch to 3rd person also

The original game in 2009 was supposed 3rd person, but I think they have firmly moved on to 1st person for release.

I don't know about calling in airstrikes. If I were to go off my gut, I'd say no as this appears to be a game focused on CQC in streets and buildings, but there has been no official statement relating to airstrikes to my knowledge.
staropal0972

As far as I know I doubt you'll be given full control to destroy the city, destruction was a priority with the original but shifted focus to procedural architecture this time around. And the game is strictly based around 1st person gameplay.
Darren12

I understand about the airstrikes, thought ask tho. So im thinking it would be a no on any kind of helo gun support also,will be nice to get that at a later time that can be turned on/off
AmperCamper
Community Manager

BobTank63 wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 9:14 am The original game in 2009 was supposed 3rd person, but I think they have firmly moved on to 1st person for release.
This is correct. We believe the first-person perspective is the best medium to accurately share the stories we've been told by Marines, Soldiers, and civilians. With that being said, we understand the value that third-person shooters bring to the table and enjoy our fair share of these games ourselves.
staropal0972 wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 1:32 pm As far as I know I doubt you'll be given full control to destroy the city, destruction was a priority with the original but shifted focus to procedural architecture this time around. And the game is strictly based around 1st person gameplay.
Yes, environmental destruction is minor this time around. It's not the kind of full-scale destruction created for the 2009 game.
Darren12 wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 3:05 pm I understand about the airstrikes, thought ask tho. So im thinking it would be a no on any kind of helo gun support also,will be nice to get that at a later time that can be turned on/off
We appreciate the suggestions on this!
evan466

I think 3rd person could still be realistic as it's an alternative to having 3 monitors just to get a better field of view. 1st person camera gives you a very limited view to the point where someone could be standing directly to your left or right and you would be none the wiser. But I understand the dev's concerns here.