"The Person who goes in first is never wrong."

Share suggestions and feedback here.
Danksouls

"The Person who goes in first is never wrong."

What does "The person who goes in first is never wrong" mean about the game? About the War on Terror? About the Second Battle of Fallujah? About the 500-800 civilians who we killed there? About the white phosphorus and depleted uranium we fired into their neighborhoods? What does it say about the times we live in and our expectations of people sworn to protect us?

Your game is whatever you show people it is. You guys made this trailer and it LOOKS like a boilerplate war shooter and SOUNDS like a defense against accusations nobody in the trailer is making. The last thing in the trailer before it ends is an anonymous civilian blaming other civilians for not leaving before we got there...even though once we did, we wouldn't let them leave. And 17 years later, their children are still being poisoned by our weapons. If you guys are really doing something that makes this more than a typical fantasy where you bust into houses and shoot [foreign] bad guys with guns, you havent shown it yet, and it's not any critic's fault. Your own trailer instructs the audience look the other way. Like the subject itself, this was an un-forced error.

Samz707

Re: "The Person who goes in first is never wrong."

I took it as "first one in is never wrong" in regards to squad leadership, he's the one who knows the most (as little as that as) when clearing an unknown building, he can see first all the door ways and such and tell his squadies to watch them.

The idea "first one in clearing the house is the one in charge" means "Okay to kill civilians" is an incredible strawman that comes across as trying to smear the game honestly as it's an incredibly illogical takeaway from my prespective.

I have to ask if you actually watched the trailer or if you're parroting that one twitter post.
Ni_0203

I saw the trailer and none of the civilians in the interviews were blaming other civilians for staying. Where did you get that from?
Recon4thCav

Samz707 wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:26 pm I took it as "first one in is never wrong" in regards to squad leadership, he's the one who knows the most (as little as that as) when clearing an unknown building, he can see first all the door ways and such and tell his squadies to watch them.

The idea "first one in clearing the house is the one in charge" means "Okay to kill civilians" is an incredible strawman that comes across as trying to smear the game honestly as it's an incredibly illogical takeaway from my prespective.

I have to ask if you actually watched the trailer or if you're parroting that one twitter post.
Actually most Units, Troops, or etc have the number 3 man as the dismount team leader. To risky to have the NCO or officer go 1st.
Don't Panic

Danksouls wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:10 am What does "The person who goes in first is never wrong" mean about the game? About the War on Terror? About the Second Battle of Fallujah? About the 500-800 civilians who we killed there? About the white phosphorus and depleted uranium we fired into their neighborhoods? What does it say about the times we live in and our expectations of people sworn to protect us?

Your game is whatever you show people it is. You guys made this trailer and it LOOKS like a boilerplate war shooter and SOUNDS like a defense against accusations nobody in the trailer is making. The last thing in the trailer before it ends is an anonymous civilian blaming other civilians for not leaving before we got there...even though once we did, we wouldn't let them leave. And 17 years later, their children are still being poisoned by our weapons. If you guys are really doing something that makes this more than a typical fantasy where you bust into houses and shoot [foreign] bad guys with guns, you havent shown it yet, and it's not any critic's fault. Your own trailer instructs the audience look the other way. Like the subject itself, this was an un-forced error.

Respectfully, I think you're kind of lumping up so much in your head about what you think is trying to be portrayed. When what is happening is merely just one single Marine, giving his thoughts, which are likely part of the narrative campaign or introduction. It has nothing to do with anything after your first question. He's his own self. He has his thoughts and his opinions like everyone else and he is telling his story. Nothing more, nothing less. Again, I say this with the utmost respect as I see your concerns and am just giving my own perception of it. Much love!
stormycrown22

Danksouls wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:10 am What does "The person who goes in first is never wrong" mean about the game? About the War on Terror? About the Second Battle of Fallujah? About the 500-800 civilians who we killed there? About the white phosphorus and depleted uranium we fired into their neighborhoods? What does it say about the times we live in and our expectations of people sworn to protect us?

ok so you havent watched the trailer at all, the civilians didnt blame each other, more or less they just explained why they stayed. and the term "the person who goes in first is never wrong" means to my understanding, correct me if im wrong cuz ive never heard this term in the navy, is that the first person going in will have the most to lose, he will be the first person the enemy could see and he will be the first person to see the enemy, so what ever choice he has to make when he steps threw that door has to be done in slip seconds depending on the situation and what ever choice he makes he has to be confident in. thats my assumption from like a combat standpoint. please if you arent gonna watch the trailer yourself then please dont make post.