Collectors Edition?

Discussions and chats related to Six Days in Fallujah.
class

Collectors Edition?

Hi everyone,

I know its till early but I'm very much curious if there will be a collector's edition to the game. I would be more than willing to have a statue of this game sitting on my display case
DestineyCummings

Re: Collectors Edition?

I think that soon it will be, I would also very much like to get a statue.
AmperCamper
Community Manager

Thanks for asking this!

There has been some interest in this before, and we're working on a few other things at the moment so I've noted it down for the team. As an FYI: we are planning physical and digital distribution for full release (keep in mind this is subject to change).
Mudroc0311

Suggestion: if you do decide to make a collectors edition for this project, consider making a challenge coin.

I've designed one for my unit it was very easy. All I had to do was contact someone who is able to mint coins and then submit my design to them. I've attached a photo of the challenge coin I created last year.
Attachments
FB_IMG_1685108718275.jpg
FB_IMG_1685108718275.jpg (128 KiB) Viewed 1752 times
Dague

Since the game is digital, I doubt there will be some kind of "Collectors Edition". The days of that happening for any game is coming to an end. Costs too much to make that and ship all that out.
Kean_1

Dague wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 10:46 am Since the game is digital, I doubt there will be some kind of "Collectors Edition".
......Amper chimed in above stating that there is a physical release planned. They also seem open to the idea.
Kridath

Kean_1 wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 11:39 am
Dague wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 10:46 am Since the game is digital, I doubt there will be some kind of "Collectors Edition".
......Amper chimed in above stating that there is a physical release planned. They also seem open to the idea.
Potentially planned physical copy release. In all honesty, a lot of people like myself have gone full digital because you still have to download the full file size regardless if its a digital or disk copy today.
Kean_1

Kridath wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 11:41 amPotentially planned physical copy release. In all honesty, a lot of people like myself have gone full digital because you still have to download the full file size regardless if its a digital or disk copy today.
He said it is planned but subject to change so yeah, it's certainly possible they go strictly digital. My point was to say that they are currently planning to offer a physical choice.

I also stopped buying physical copies a long time ago. The numbers vary depending on sources but it's something like 70-90% of games sold that are digital. I have a friend who only recently started buying his games digitally. We finally convinced him otherwise. ;)
Dague

Kean_1 wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 11:39 am
He also stated this is subject to change. This is a small studio. Making a physical version of the game is EXPENSIVE. Between physical disks, marketing material (cover, game manual), boxing, etc. A wish list item that I highly doubt will come to fruition at least for the general public and mass production.