Inconsistencies with issued gear and strobing as a tactic with white light.

Share suggestions and feedback here.
Mudroc0311

Inconsistencies with issued gear and strobing as a tactic with white light.

Good afternoon, I just saw the 3 new gameplay videos of Veterans playing 6DiF. I just want to point out that SAW gunners, Squad leaders, and Team leaders were not issued the M9 Beretta.

The M9 Beretta was only issued to the Platoon Commander and our Navy Corpsmen. That being said, when we were a reinforced Platoon with members of Weapons Platoon attached to us the only other members of the reinforced Platoon with an issued M9 would be the 0331 Machine gunners who would carry the 240G as their primary.

Now, that doesn't mean that there weren't any pistols being used within our unit. Some Marines deployed with their personal pistol. Unbeknownst to the Company Commander and other personal we considered as the "Higher ups." It was a risk those Marines were willing to take to be outfitted with a side arm. When the time came and we shipped back stateside a lot of those pistols that were smuggled in country stayed in country because everything was weighed and inspected prior to us leaving theater.

Lastly, I noticed in all three videos of the Veteran's gameplay all the VLI's (Visible light illuminator) were flipped to the always on setting. Although that was a function of our VLI we did not use that function unless we were using that mode in conjuction with an Infrared lens cap. The lens cap allowed us to see inside dark buildings with little to no ambient light using our NVGs (night vision goggles). Lastly, I want to talk about what we did use white light for and it's for the method of strobing. When in MOUT using the strobing method it utilizes light discipline so that the enemy does not see your approaching white light thus giving away your position prior to breaching. And finally when you strobe a dark room the enemy will first be blinded by your light and will only know your last known position from when they were initially blinded.

Besides the critique in tactics and considerations while utilizing white light or the IR lens in conjuction with NVGs. And the incorrect issued M9 for individual Marines within the Platoon. I'm loving what I'm seeing with the progression of your product. Once again, I wish the team the very best and I thank you again for telling our story.
AmperCamper
Community Manager

Re: Inconsistencies with issued gear and strobing as a tactic with white light.

Hey Mudroc, thanks for jumping in and adding your expertise here. And, thank you for supporting our efforts!
Mudroc0311 wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 9:36 am Good afternoon, I just saw the 3 new gameplay videos of Veterans playing 6DiF. I just want to point out that SAW gunners, Squad leaders, and Team leaders were not issued the M9 Beretta.

The M9 Beretta was only issued to the Platoon Commander and our Navy Corpsmen. That being said, when we were a reinforced Platoon with members of Weapons Platoon attached to us the only other members of the reinforced Platoon with an issued M9 would be the 0331 Machine gunners who would carry the 240G as their primary.
You're right - the M9 wasn't issued to door-kickers, but from our conversations (and as you mentioned) enough Marines had their own sidearms that we decided it was justified to include. Currently, only specific roles are carrying the M9. Others have shotguns in its place. Perhaps we can expand the options for sidearms in the future.
Mudroc0311 wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 9:36 am Lastly, I noticed in all three videos of the Veteran's gameplay all the VLI's (Visible light illuminator) were flipped to the always on setting. Although that was a function of our VLI we did not use that function unless we were using that mode in conjuction with an Infrared lens cap. The lens cap allowed us to see inside dark buildings with little to no ambient light using our NVGs (night vision goggles). Lastly, I want to talk about what we did use white light for and it's for the method of strobing. When in MOUT using the strobing method it utilizes light discipline so that the enemy does not see your approaching white light thus giving away your position prior to breaching. And finally when you strobe a dark room the enemy will first be blinded by your light and will only know your last known position from when they were initially blinded.
Understood, and thanks for the additional context using the lens cap with NVGs. I've sent this to the team as a suggestion. As for our flashlights, they do give away positioning as enemy AI will react accordingly.
Mudroc0311

As for our flashlights, they do give away positioning as enemy AI will react accordingly.
Outstanding! With that knowledge it sounds like if there is a button one can use to activate the VLI then one can utilize the strobing method in game!
Unknown0351

I would also add that SMAW gunners are issued M9’s as well and during deployment an M16, the SMAW assistant gunner is not issued an M9. I know this weapon will most likely not be in the game but it’s just for potential reference if we get building destruction and the weapon is added.