Spent Casings

Share suggestions and feedback here.
YuukiTheTrap

Spent Casings

I feel like having your spent casings laying on the floor would make the aftermath of a fight seem more "real" in a sense. Having 100 spent casings on the floor of a room a gunfight just took place would sell more of an immersive experience in terms of seeing how big your fight really was.

Just a suggestion but i personally think such a thing would be really cool to see.
Enthusiast

Re: Spent Casings

I could definitely this helping with the immersion, just imagine emptying like two boxes worth of SAW ammo wether it be in a house or on a Rooftop firing as many bullets as you can into the room across from you to provide covering/suppressive fire for your fellow Marines, or on a Rooftop firing into a window from across the street, to suppress a DSHK or a PKM machine gunner, and just seeing all the spent cases left over.

The M240G would make more sense condoning of an area, due it's weight, and size, if I'm not mistaken MW 2019 actually did this which was one of my favorite details of the game.
Last edited by Enthusiast on Mon Apr 10, 2023 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AmperCamper
Community Manager

Great suggestion.

Currently, we're experimenting with casings and their impact on performance. Would you guys prefer to see no casings with maximum performance or a mix between the two?
BadKarma

As long as the impact is minimal, I guess
going all the way to the maximum is preferable but ideally I'd want my game to run fine so I'm perfectly fine with a mix of the two.
Enthusiast

BadKarma wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 9:08 pm As long as the impact is minimal, I guess
going all the way to the maximum is preferable but ideally I'd want my game to run fine so I'm perfectly fine with a mix of the two.
Pretty much sums up how I feel.
Tazzadar3

As a PC user I would always like the option to be able turn it on and off to test how it affects my performance.
YuukiTheTrap

Enthusiast wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 11:36 pm I could definitely this helping with the immersion, just imagine emptying like two boxes worth of SAW ammo wether it be in a house or on a Rooftop firing as many bullets as you can into the room across from you to provide covering/suppressive fire for your fellow Marines, or on a Rooftop firing into a window from across the street, to suppress a DSHK or a PKM machine gunner, and just seeing all the spent cases left over.

The M240G would make more sense condoning of an area, due it's weight, and size, if I'm not mistaken MW 2019 actually did this which was one of my favorite details of the game.
Yea, MW 2019 did do this and games such as Ready Or Not and Escape From Tarkov has similar mechanics but the casings fade away so you dont get the "full scale" of it, like after 20 seconds the casing from a 12g would disappear so if you had a large scale fight that took longer theyd be disappearing when youd be able to look at em.
YuukiTheTrap

AmperCamper wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 12:40 pm Great suggestion.

Currently, we're experimenting with casings and their impact on performance. Would you guys prefer to see no casings with maximum performance or a mix between the two?
For myself id take an impact on performance to sell the experience as much as possible, its small details like this that make games feel more realistic. Perhaps a button for them to be toggleable for those of us who will struggle with running the game?

However selling immersion in a game like this seems it should be a high priority which it already seems to be. All the small details that could have an impact on performance should just have a toggle button if its not too much work to program in.

Keep up the gud work, cant wait to play it however it turns out!
Kean_1

AmperCamper wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 12:40 pm Great suggestion.

I'm with @BadKarma on this one.

I think you can still sell it with a compromise to the amount of casings, bullet holes, etc. (elements that have an impact on performance) that are allowed to linger in the game environment. For me, I would actually rather see something like damage (e.g. bullet impacts) stick around longer than spent cartridges, but that's just me. I think that would add more to the immersion.
YuukiTheTrap

Kean_1 wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 3:05 pm
I'm with @BadKarma on this one.

I think you can still sell it with a compromise to the amount of casings, bullet holes, etc. (elements that have an impact on performance) that are allowed to linger in the game environment. For me, I would actually rather see something like damage (e.g. bullet impacts) stick around longer than spent cartridges, but that's just me. I think that would add more to the immersion.
Im with you on the damage part. shoot a wood plan, a hole and splinters appear, shoot metal, dents or show the penetration that you can properly see through, shoot a brick and it breaks in half. But again as with all of this i think there should be sliders on how much you want of this jsut so those who cant take this performance impact can disable it if they so please.