Will there be a variety in insurgent types?

Discussions and chats related to Six Days in Fallujah.
Deedee Megadoodoo

Will there be a variety in insurgent types?

When looking at the battle order of for the insurgent forces in Fallujah, there were a multitude of groups present in the city. Sometimes consisting of natives, sometimes international jihadists. Can we expect to observe these differences in insurgent groups in game? For instance, former Baathists wearing army uniforms, Shia groups like the Mahdi Army wearing more obvious Shia affectations, or foreign fighters looking more distinct.

I think Medal of Honor 2011 pulled this off a bit with Taliban, AQ, and Chechen fighters all looking distinct, speaking different languages, and having increased difficulty as you moved onto the more hardened fighters in Takur Ghar.

It's hard to get a good look at the enemies in the most recent demos, but I observed some guys wearing streetwear while others looked more like the belonged to an international group like AQ.

Super excited for the game though, it looks amazing so far!
Enthusiast

Re: Will there be a variety in insurgent types?

I've been thinking about this as well, ideally the Chechen insurgents would be the more well trained, and difficult to combat given thier combat experience fighting the Russian army, which they proved be very good at, seeing as how brutal they were in defending the capital, Grozny.

Syrian combatants will also probably be common, many of them entering Iraq during the initial invasion via the Syrian border, as for other insurgent groups it seems like AQI will be the main insurgent group you face of against, since most of them can be seeing wearing, thier distinct all black attire, as shown in many of there videos, but it would be cool to see the islamic army of iraq as well.

Something else to mention is during BDA assessments they would search the bodies of insurgents for passports, identifying the foreign fighters through that, Generation kill has a good scene depicting this I'll post it if I find it.
Last edited by Enthusiast on Fri Apr 07, 2023 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Enthusiast

Yep here is is for context this was after 1st recon was ambushed trying to pass through a town, it didn't really go well for them... as you can see by the bodies 1st recon left behind, but as you can see foreign fighter entered Iraq a few days before the invasion, this kind I would like to see in Six days after a firefight or after an airstrike, finding passports accessories amphetamines, stuff indicating were they came from.

However this dosent obviously have to happen after every firefight.
AmperCamper
Community Manager

Good question, and thanks for asking this.

Just like the real battle, you will come across Insurgents from a variety of nations and ethnicities. Additionally, these Insurgents deploy differing tactics depending on their role and weaponry. We'll dig more into this later.