SITREP: Entry Tactics

Series of developer diaries for Six Days in Fallujah.
munchuh

Re: SITREP: Entry Tactics

Wow! This looks amazing! So much detail and general immersive atmosphere as well! Gorgeous lighting and overall map design. Fantastic work guys! I've got no questions or concerns, just wanted to share that this was a treat of a sitrep. Also -- awesome to see that one fella clearing with the SAW, hope we can see some SAW gameplay in coming months! Thanks!
Kridath

Azariel wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 4:19 pm Beautiful SITREP!

Very happy to see the footage of engagements and entering buildings, not only that but hearing the soundscape of the whole city really immersed me into the video.
Lighting being fantastic and gear looking perfect!
Couldn't have said it any better man. I was seeing and hearing the same exact things that you were.

There was a lot of good, looked like a huge improvement from the last SITREP. However, there definitely was some things that were pointed out by others already that could use improvement. Some of the movement looked clunky too, although not too concerning I feel that could be smoothed out a lot like how other games have it.

The entering animation looked a little weird and almost didnt look natural IMO.

Like others this SITREP was a massive improvement than others. Thank you AMPER! Looking forward to the next one.
krzy

Thanks for another sneak peek of the gameplay! I've said it before, but I'm in love in the way how you guys made it a "physical" difference between talking "with your mouth" (proximity voice chat) and using the radio - the support hand pressing the button on radio, which forces gun to go down should really make people think if they really need to communicate with everyone on the radio net, or if just screaming to nearby squadmates is enough. It should also put additional emphasis on teamplay, because when you really need to talk on the radio, you'd ideally want another soldier to cover you.

The only part I don't like is the vine climbing. As Azariel said, it's definitely too fast. Truth be told, for me those vines (as shown in the vid) look as if they could hardly support the weight of grown man alone, much less with all the kit. Now I understand there's a need to visualize the climable areas, but the meek appearance of the plant combined with very fast climbing animation make the whole thing look very... gamey, not really immersive. I guess having a way slower animation would help (heck, having another soldier to help player climb would be even better), along with "buffing" the vine model (maybe adding some sort of support).

Oh, the dying sounds made by insurgents (especially that guy in IED workshop) are gruesome - in a good way for what the game portrays.
Gen.Phasulius

SITREP was great. I was eagerly awaiting for the new entry and see how the development of the game goes and I was amazed as everyone. Of course some polishing is necessary but I am sure you guys will take care of it as we are closer to the release date.

My only concern is how the AI will work in terms on coordination and tactics. The only time we had a preview of how the blufor AI works was a couple of years ago, at the 6-minute gameplay. Entry tactics (by splitting your fireteam into two different elements, with the first one advancing while the other is covering) works perfectly in COOP mode, however is it going to work in single player too?
Don’t get me wrong, I have full trust on your development team. I would just like to learn a bit more about how the friendly AI will perform in the battlefield.

Thanks again for developing this awesome game and I can’t wait to get my hands on it!
AmperCamper
Community Manager

Gen.Phasulius wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 11:51 am My only concern is how the AI will work in terms on coordination and tactics. The only time we had a preview of how the blufor AI works was a couple of years ago, at the 6-minute gameplay. Entry tactics (by splitting your fireteam into two different elements, with the first one advancing while the other is covering) works perfectly in COOP mode, however is it going to work in single player too?
Yes, we’ve designed the friendly AI and controls so you can perform cooperative tactics in single-player, as well. It’s a little trickier, though, since you’ll need line-of-sight to the spots where you want your Marine teammates to execute the order. But you can definitely do things like split-entry and distractions in single-player with friendly AI.