Possible Solution for Development Update Communication

Discussions and chats related to Six Days in Fallujah.
Azariel

Possible Solution for Development Update Communication

Hey there again!

Very grateful to hear from Peter about the status of SITREPs and what is going on.
Nearing the end of his letter though, reading what the team is currently doing and fixing adds a metric ton of more information on the state of the project.

So I thought it'd be good to have a type of development update log. There wouldn't need to be footage, photos, anything of the sort, just pure text of what is currently ongoing! Issues, bugs, features in work, and such.
One indie studio that does this is Bare Mettle, creators of Exanima, another game doing something very new in the industry. Which is comprised of a team of 6 or so people.

They have a series on their Forums called "Coffee Diary" in which every Monday they post a topic on what they're currently working with, whether it be bugs, technical issues and the like, with no more than 3 paragraphs or so. I recommend checking out their work.

Doesn't have to be every Monday of course, and this is just a recommendation. I think it'd be a good idea. That's all!
AmperCamper
Community Manager

Re: Possible Solution for Development Update Communication

A big thank you for this suggestion! I'll check out what the folks are doing over at Bare Mettle.

How many of you guys would be interested in something like this?
BadKarma

I feel like that would be great, honestly, certainly better than having an all-out radio silence. The main problem for the fans as a whole is that they haven't seen enough of the game in action, but just having progress notifications would help players to notice them about the state of the game, and if the developers want, they can share in-house experiences too.

My main concern would be for the development of the game to not have any interference or other problems, so that it has an stable launch.
munchuh

Haven't logged in, in a while due to a lack of... well...content to catch up on. I think this is a great idea. It was a nice surprise to see that message from Peter as well.

I see no reason not to do this. Videos are great for marketing, but if you want to keep US engaged (us meaning the people already floating around here), just letting us know what's up is more than enough.
aggimajera

Most definitely. Most of the people that browse here are diehards, and maybe don’t need to be given a video as often as the general public. We’re here because the product means something, so a text-based development update here and there might be nice.
Kean_1

AmperCamper wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 7:03 am How many of you guys would be interested in something like this?
As a supplement to periodic "SITREPs" that would contain game footage, etc., yeah, a diary of sorts each each week or so talking about what's happening behind the scenes with the game would be cool.

It might be boring for some but as aggimajera pointed out, most of us who frequent this forum are probably more interested in this kind of information than others.
KoniSprezeni

Would be 100% interested. Any kind of news is welcome on my part. Thank you for all the hard work guys!!