When will we see some optics in use?

Discussions and chats related to Six Days in Fallujah.
Treesarefun

When will we see some optics in use?

I know the sitrep is about a week away, but as someone who’s mildly obsessed with rifle optics (idk why lol), I was wondering when we could see how they are represented in SDIF.

A lot of games get it wrong. I’m hoping SDIF either mimics games like Sandstorm, Squad, MW 2019, PUBG, etc when it comes to the representation of magnified optics, or does it even better than those games. How your ADS view looks can make or break immersion/authenticity.

I think I made a post here a few years ago about how ACOGs actually look. Please devs, if you care about authenticity, get a real ACOG for your VFX people to model off of (ideally a model similar to those used in Fallujah, the ones with the red chevron). Or at the very least purchase some sort of magnified optic to keep around the office so your VFX folks know what eye relief, scope shadow, eyebox, and parallax looks like.

Also when it comes to the CCO (Aimpoint red dot), make sure that there is parallax. Meaning the dot stays on target no matter the orientation of the optic. It should not appear “floaty” like they do in games like DayZ. Just copy how COD, BF, or Sandstorm does it and you’ll be fine.
BadKarma

Re: When will we see some optics in use?

There is one footage that was from the Imperial War Museum exposition that features some ACOG usage.

Lslings

Re: When will we see some optics in use?

BadKarma wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 7:40 am There is one footage that was from the Imperial War Museum exposition that features some ACOG usage.

Just pointing this out for the devs -- at 2:40 they're using a TA-01-NSN model ACOG which is the tritium only version, but somehow the reticle is glowing red in bright sunlight. Unlike the TA31D RCO, there is no fiber optic so the reticle would appear black on the TA-01-NSN unless it was night time.