The elephant in the room

Discussions and chats related to Six Days in Fallujah.
Trood

The elephant in the room

So I want to start off with I’ve been in this form close to origination.

I do think that the developers need to come up with a clear and concise plan in terms of communication. I along with a lot of other users frequently login, if not once a day, or once a week to see if maybe, there’s an update or a “sit rep

If this game is planning to release in 2023 I think that it would behoove the developers and team to commit to a “regular“ update, or schedule. I understand the frustration of multiple posts within the last 24 to 48 hours let alone the magnitude of post that highlight the lack of communication.

I do understand that you have a smaller team than your typical developer. No one is denying you that. However, because you’re a smaller developer and you rely solely on word of mouth and media attention it is important that you keep your base informed.

With that being said, I and I assume many others, would appreciate an overall standpoint or update as we are the lifeline outside of media attention .

I’m not trying to come off as harsh, but as someone that runs a business, I understand the importance of exposure, communication, and clear-cut goals.

I do not lack confidence in the development team, but I cannot speak for the masses. As soon as you lose faith for the masses, the game will go belly up. Period.

I’m saying this out of love. I am not saying this out of frustration. WE want you to succeed 🙌🙌👏👏

I know you and the team are working endlessly.
Kridath

Re: The elephant in the room

Those are really good point, and to go off of that, I have spoken to a lot of friends who I know would enjoy the game but just blow it off. The only know the game as “oh yeah that game that has been delayed/canceled since 2009”.

I truly believe something more in the media, youtube, tweets, something to start building the hype. Right now I feel the frustration, however, I am not frustrated.

If it is true the game is getting ready to release right now there should be more visibility for the community to start building the hype sooner rather than later.
AmperCamper
Community Manager

Hey Trood,

Thanks for bubbling this up for us. I already gave a similar response here, but the short of it is that we agree. You'll be seeing more from us starting in February.
Trood

Thanks Amper!
asarnelle

I agree with Trood on everything he said. Glad to hear more will come in February but there really needs to be more information. Content is king, and there is almost no content out on this game.

One thing I was thinking about is how there is a big community here. If you have all our emails, would be great to send everyone a special MP4 of content to share on our social media (Insta or TikTok). If there's 1,000 people here and everyone has at least 100 followers, thats a pretty large audience you can reach. (I have 18k on my TikTok). Utilize the fanbase you have here for promotion.
Kean_1

asarnelle wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 5:38 pm One thing I was thinking about is how there is a big community here. If you have all our emails, would be great to send everyone a special MP4 of content to share on our social media (Insta or TikTok). If there's 1,000 people here and everyone has at least 100 followers, thats a pretty large audience you can reach. (I have 18k on my TikTok). Utilize the fanbase you have here for promotion.
Personally, I would prefer information be shared as it has been to everyone when it is available. Holding it back from fans to be distributed through content creators would be worse IMO. Now, getting content creators more involved is great but they should be receiving details like everybody else.

I always prefer getting this kind of information direct from the horses mouth personally.
AmperCamper
Community Manager

asarnelle wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 5:38 pm One thing I was thinking about is how there is a big community here. If you have all our emails, would be great to send everyone a special MP4 of content to share on our social media (Insta or TikTok). If there's 1,000 people here and everyone has at least 100 followers, thats a pretty large audience you can reach. (I have 18k on my TikTok). Utilize the fanbase you have here for promotion.
We're certainly open to something like this, if you guys are interested.
Kean_1 wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 12:02 pm Personally, I would prefer information be shared as it has been to everyone when it is available. Holding it back from fans to be distributed through content creators would be worse IMO. Now, getting content creators more involved is great but they should be receiving details like everybody else.

I always prefer getting this kind of information direct from the horses mouth personally.
Thanks for the feedback, Kean. We're already working with a variety of creators to promote Six Days, but the goal is to extend our reach rather than withhold details from the rest of the community. Truth be told, the reach we have on other platforms is pretty remarkable given the fact we've barely kicked our marketing machine. Please don't forget it's my job to ensure the community here is kept in the loop, too.
Kean_1

AmperCamper wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 8:01 am Thanks for the feedback, Kean. We're already working with a variety of creators to promote Six Days, but the goal is to extend our reach rather than withhold details from the rest of the community. Truth be told, the reach we have on other platforms is pretty remarkable given the fact we've barely kicked our marketing machine. Please don't forget it's my job to ensure the community here is kept in the loop, too.
That's good to hear and again, my reservations aren't about the use of content creators to generate interest, etc. There is great potential there and I even like when some will get their hands on games a little early to give us their take on it, show their own footage and so on. .....but when a company chooses to funnel / filter through them for updates, game footage reveals, etc. rather than engaging directly with the community, it kind of irks me.

Now, to date, that's obviously not the case here but my remarks were purely regarding OPs request for "special MP4 of content to share". I've never been really keen on that method of releasing new details on a game in development. .....hope that makes sense.
Kridath

Kean_1 wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 9:34 am
AmperCamper wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 8:01 am Thanks for the feedback, Kean. We're already working with a variety of creators to promote Six Days, but the goal is to extend our reach rather than withhold details from the rest of the community. Truth be told, the reach we have on other platforms is pretty remarkable given the fact we've barely kicked our marketing machine. Please don't forget it's my job to ensure the community here is kept in the loop, too.
That's good to hear and again, my reservations aren't about the use of content creators to generate interest, etc. There is great potential there and I even like when some will get their hands on games a little early to give us their take on it, show their own footage and so on. .....but when a company chooses to funnel / filter through them for updates, game footage reveals, etc. rather than engaging directly with the community, it kind of irks me.

Now, to date, that's obviously not the case here but my remarks were purely regarding OPs request for "special MP4 of content to share". I've never been really keen on that method of releasing new details on a game in development. .....hope that makes sense.
Im happy that I am not the only one that feels this way.

The issue that I have with content creators some of them sound like they are giving a good review because they feel obligated to do so. I enjoy when a content creator gives their good honest feedback. However, everyone will have their own opinion on everything. What someone might think is a bad mechanic someone might absolutely love. The best way in my opinion is for those who are invested in the game to give their honest reviews to help out the dev team.

As we have seen on this thread, most (not all) people are willing to give their honest personal feelings on how things are going and the way the game looks. And honestly no better group to have test/ give honest feedback than those that truly want to see this game succeed and give honest and critical feedback that can help out the production of this game to make it the best it can be.
munchuh

AmperCamper wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 8:01 am
We're certainly open to something like this, if you guys are interested.
Kean_1 wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 12:02 pm Personally, I would prefer information be shared as it has been to everyone when it is available. Holding it back from fans to be distributed through content creators would be worse IMO. Now, getting content creators more involved is great but they should be receiving details like everybody else.

Thanks for the feedback, Kean. We're already working with a variety of creators to promote Six Days, but the goal is to extend our reach rather than withhold details from the rest of the community. Truth be told, the reach we have on other platforms is pretty remarkable given the fact we've barely kicked our marketing machine. Please don't forget it's my job to ensure the community here is kept in the loop, too.
Quality response, here. Regarding marketing and "hype". What a lot of people fail to understand that hype is only useful at minimum, 1 month out until a game launches, ideally a couple weeks. The world has moved towards a word-of-mouth & light speed news cycle. If this game started marketing today, but release is planned for Spring/Summer, it would be forgotten about by most people who isn't already in these forums. It's a waste of money. Some games from smaller devs don't bother marketing until AFTER launch, because they can use the smaller fan base to iron things out as to not turn off the casual player with bugs and quirks.

Long story short, if the game is good, people will naturally talk about it. I have gotten several of my friends to buy Insurgency Sandstorm because I enjoy it a lot, and never shut the fuck up about it, so naturally it ends up getting some promotion.

Release the game when its good and ready, just keeping us updated is all I think most of us want.