State of Affairs

Discussions and chats related to Six Days in Fallujah.
aggimajera

State of Affairs

The last few updates are a bit concerning. Animations look so-so, and we’ve seen next to nothing on the single-player front since 2020.

One of my biggest concerns about this game is that the multiplayer is seriously taking away from the core of what this game is marketed to be: a single player documentary. Then we get word of the dolling out of features “down the road”

With respect to all involved, I’m genuinely concerned about Six Days at this point. Too many games have been sucked into the Alpha/Beta quagmire for me to express confidence in any who profess to going down that path.
Last edited by aggimajera on Thu Dec 29, 2022 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Enthusiast

Re: State of Affairs

I do feel like it seems that a lot of the focus on updates have been more towards multiple rather than single player, Same goes for all of the gameplay we've been shown so far, which is a shame since I also feel like this is the core experience of this game, and I can't tell how long I've waited for a game like six days and It sucks that we haven't gotten anything from single player since 2020.

I'm hoping for more surrounding single player next year, while I can't say I'm worried about six days, I do feel like they are passionate and determined to do make sure both single player and multiplayer are both fun and satisfifying to play , but I do admit it is hard to have faith when your pessimistic about the future of gaming, which is how I've felt for a long time, but I can confidently say that I have faith in six days than I've had for other games in the past.
Kean_1

I honestly don't see the dilemma. The footage shown recently is pre-beta (alpha). Personally, I'm not going to start worrying until we get to see the state of the game in beta because if I don't like what I see at that point, then I'll consider perhaps passing on a release date purchase.

All games go through these stages in development so I really don't see the quandary here in that respect. There is no release date as of yet, the game isn't going into early access as I understand, etc., etc.

In regard to co-op vs. campaign, we've had a general lack of coverage on both fronts but I don't doubt the commitment of the team to the main SP component of this game given the focus of marketing, research, interviews, etc. However, personally, if SDiF didn't have the co-op aspect as well, I likely would make a hard pass on this game. .....at least at full price.

For me, I have little interest in games that are solely only a once-through story, scripted events and so on. Exceptions would be some large open world games. In SDiF, the the co-op is really what my friends and I want as we are looking for replayability, especially with the procedurally generated buildings / layout.

At this point, I prefer to wait and see before I start becoming really concerned.
ZenTakJack

Personally i don't expect to see any single player footage until the marketing campaign starts up again. They are using co-op footage as to keep spoilers low and to show general gameplay footage without revealing any specific moments they don't wish to. This also goes for the Go-Command system. Witch we have not seen or even heard of anything involving it since the september 2021 CEO statement post.

It's long been confirmed that co-op will have it's own operations that are not related to the single player campaign. I Believe the campaign is where the game will shine it's strongest in some ways and i'm mostly looking forward to it alone. I like co-op too but i don't like games that rely on it to be a fun experience particularly games of this type.

So we'll see. I believe that the marketing will start up once they have a release date confirmed or sometime around then. Witch would make sense. That would probably also be around the time a beta would be announced. Only time will tell. But until then i don't expect them to show any footage from the campaign at all really.
Blade0351

I agree they have been showing a lot of the co-op stuff. And part of the clunkiness of that footage was due to the poor connection the team had during the capture session according to Amper. Anyways, some more single player action and to see work on the Co-Command would be great.
sixdaysinf11

aggimajera wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 2:51 pm The last few updates are a bit concerning. Animations look so-so, and we’ve seen next to nothing on the single-player front since 2020.

One of my biggest concerns about this game is that the multiplayer is seriously taking away from the core of what this game is marketed to be: a single player documentary. Then we get word of the dolling out of features “down the road”

With respect to all involved, I’m genuinely concerned about Six Days at this point. Too many games have been sucked into the Alpha/Beta quagmire for me to express confidence in any who profess to going down that path.
i said it many times, this game is not coming, its only promise and fail
aggimajera

sixdaysinf11 wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 10:54 am
aggimajera wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 2:51 pm The last few updates are a bit concerning. Animations look so-so, and we’ve seen next to nothing on the single-player front since 2020.

i said it many times, this game is not coming, its only promise and fail
Now that's just plain old untrue.
Wheat

I’m solely excited for the single player of this game, so I’m also looking to hear more about that aspect. I’m so excited for the idea of a completely replayable campaign like SDiF is promising due to its procedural environments. Would love a tad more communication, but I understand and hope lots of good work is going on behind the scenes. I’m not giving up hope yet.
AmperCamper
Community Manager

Thanks for voicing concerns on this, gang. I've noted your comments and will be sending these off to the team. For now, you’re going to hear a lot more from us about our plans in this regard during this quarter.
Kridath

AmperCamper wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 5:53 am Thanks for voicing concerns on this, gang. I've noted your comments and will be sending these off to the team. For now, you’re going to hear a lot more from us about our plans in this regard during this quarter.
Thats pretty based. Soooo if we are going to hear from you more is that insinuating something big is right around the corner?