Video shows marines clearing a room

Discussions and chats related to Six Days in Fallujah.
Enthusiast

Video shows marines clearing a room

Video shows marines clearing a house to gain access to the Rooftop in order to provide overwatch for other marines, I'm probably gonna start sharing more of these videos since I believe they offer some pretty good insight into the battle, this video in particular shows marines effectively clearing a house in a quick manner which makes me wonder if the game will favor more methodical and slow approach akin to to being more quick like these guys, but it also probably helps there were no insurgents waiting for them.
AmperCamper
Community Manager

Re: Video shows marines clearing a room

Please do keep sharing these are you come across them! I'll send this over to our research team and see if we already have it in our records.

Thank you!
Kean_1

Enthusiast wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 8:10 am ......which makes me wonder if the game will favor more methodical and slow approach akin to to being more quick like these guys, but it also probably helps there were no insurgents waiting for them.
I would think the "pace" would depend greatly on the player(s) given what we know so far. There are benefits and drawbacks to both. .....unless the AI is always expecting us and always taking up defensive positions before we enter. In other words, if there is no element of surprise and no pressure for time, I'd imagine slow and steady will naturally be the best course. ....although I can see players simply getting faster the more experience they gain with the game, with the team (AI or real), with the layouts and with the AI behavior.
Enthusiast

When it comes to having the element of suprise I feel like insurgents will almost always be excepting you and thus react accordingly, however I feel like this should depend on who spots each other first since if you've already taken fire from that buliding the insurgents will obviously know your coming, but if you breach a buliding without them spotting you then that's when they'll be caught off guard and they'll be more likely to surrender.

Another good example of this is an explosive breach, since said explosion is sure to make anyone in that room go deaf and they will definitely be caught off gaurd leading to an easy kill or capture.