Plans for Q4?

Discussions and chats related to Six Days in Fallujah.
AT4 84mm

Plans for Q4?

Now that G4 is arriving and 2022 is moving towards the start of the end, will there be any news about a release date or similar coming in the following week or two regarding the state of the game, release date, or other information regarding the game?

This radio silence is kinda worrying me.

//MvH Aron
Kean_1

Re: Plans for Q4?

AT4 84mm wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 10:21 am Now that G4 is arriving and 2022 is moving towards the start of the end, will there be any news about a release date or similar coming in the following week or two regarding the state of the game, release date, or other information regarding the game?

This radio silence is kinda worrying me.

//MvH Aron
....but there hasn't been "radio silence". Amper has been here answering questions and providing details where he can. They have been providing SITREPs discussing various aspects of the game mechanics, etc. with another one coming soon.

There is no release date but simply a tentative time frame which was Q4 2022. They are obviously not ready to commit to a launch date.

I've said it before in similar threads but you need to realize that this is a small team of developers. .....50+ employees IIRC. They don't have the employee count or other resources like a AAA company does to throw at speed bumps in development, etc.

I'd say we're close to seeing a final release date but I doubt (I'm assuming) it will be this year. .....likely 2023 so I have tempered my expectations in that regard.
Enthusiast

Yeah this is sort of how I'm feeling as well,after the game was first delayed I sort of lost interest for a bit until I found out these fourmus existed and played more tactical shooters,and I was sort of worried when I saw that there wasn't really anything new being shown when I first joined this forum back in September.

Now amper has been very generous when it comes to answering questions and has stated that it has taken longer than expected,a big thing to keep in mind is the relatively small team they have compared to others,and it's very likely that we could another delay so if that happens that will suck,but like I said before if it helps the game improve in the long run that's fine by me.
BadKarma

There has really been no radio silence, sorry if I sound like a dick, it'd most definetily not be my intention, either way if you are interested in the game and dig deeper you should have plenty of information that'll satisfy your needs, next SITREP 6 is scheduled for late October/Early November, so hang on tight, I'm sure the devs will be able to deliver.
AT4 84mm

I didn’t mean like nothing I meant as in no big announcements regarding the game, like a release date. I agree with amper being very generous and I greatly appreciate that. English isn’t my native language.
AmperCamper
Community Manager

I can certainly see where OP's concerns are coming from (and I know it's coming from a good place). To provide a bit of an update on my reply here, we believe we’ve passed through most of our technical and creative hurdles now, but we’d like to cross a few more things off our list before announcing a release date so we can be much more specific for everyone. Full transparency, it’s currently looking more likely to be 2023 than 2022.

With that being said, Q4 still has plenty in the works for us: our next SITREP is scheduled for late October/early November, and we're excited to hear everyone's thoughts on the new gameplay we have to show in the diary.
Kean_1 wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 10:43 am I've said it before in similar threads but you need to realize that this is a small team of developers. .....50+ employees IIRC. They don't have the employee count or other resources like a AAA company does to throw at speed bumps in development, etc.
Thanks for this, Kean. It's a good reminder that despite our growth, we're still a small team with a massive undertaking. At the end of the day, we're challenging the likes of our competitors while simultaneously trying to tell these stories and tell them right. All with quite a target on our backs, too.

This community has really proven time and time again to investors, leadership, and even members of our own team that we're on the right track. I appreciate the kind words, and I want you guys to know how impactful these conversations can be. So, thank you!
Enthusiast

That's good to hear you guys are passed a lot of your creative problems and I'm curious to see what we'll see in the next SITREP and I hope it answers a lot of the questions surrounding AI.
Kean_1

AmperCamper wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:44 am
Kean_1 wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 10:43 am I've said it before in similar threads but you need to realize that this is a small team of developers. .....50+ employees IIRC. They don't have the employee count or other resources like a AAA company does to throw at speed bumps in development, etc.
Thanks for this, Kean. It's a good reminder that despite our growth, we're still a small team with a massive undertaking. At the end of the day, we're challenging the likes of our competitors while simultaneously trying to tell these stories and tell them right. All with quite a target on our backs, too.

This community has really proven time and time again to investors, leadership, and even members of our own team that we're on the right track. I appreciate the kind words, and I want you guys to know how impactful these conversations can be. So, thank you!
I'm an older gamer in my mid 50's. I'm one of those who spent a lot of time in arcades and playing on early consoles in the 70's. .....I actually owned a Bally Arcade as my first gaming system.

Got into PC gaming starting with the Commodore and then my first real PC I purchased in the mid 80's with a 386. Early on I was drawn to more realistic game genres including flight sims, milsims, driving games, etc. I use to build my own PC rigs until I made the switch to console again after the PS3 launched.

One of the problems with console is the lack of milsim-like titles that are available and the distancing of those elements in AAA franchises that once seemed to embrace it like Ghost Recon or the Tom Clancy IP for that matter. ....EA/DICE and Battlefield is another recent and good example of that, dropping those aspects that made it stand apart from other arcade shooters. I could go on with beloved titles / franchises that have been abandoned, etc.

To my point..... While AAA game companies fail to recognize or choose to actively distance themselves from this segment of the gaming community, it seems more independent and smaller studios see an untapped opportunity. We've seen in the last few years or so these developers either porting (from PC) or developing games with console in mind. ....some more successful than others.

IMO, we are approaching a renaissance of sorts on console as more games are being developed with plans to release on these platforms. DayZ, Insurgency Sandstorm, Hell Let Loose and ARMA Reforger are some of those. With the advent of next gen consoles, this obviously plays a factor.

SDiF is one of those projects currently in development that I'm obviously excited for. ....just as I am with others being announced or are already well underway. I will gladly support folks like Highwire and Victura for the same reasons I support other studios / publishers who are passionate about bringing more games of this genre to gamers.

....btw, I have a group of gamers on PlayStation most of which are older like myself with varying backgrounds (e.g. military, law enforcement and other walks of life). We are all very excited for SDiF's release as we are hungry for a co-op experience we can really sink our teeth into.
Badd_Karrmaa

Truth. Us greybeards wanna roll with the homies without slide canceling and bunny hopping