9mm spotting rifle on the SMAW

Discussions and chats related to Six Days in Fallujah.
Enthusiast

9mm spotting rifle on the SMAW

This something I don't recall seeing in any fps I've played so including it in this game which is trying to serve as an adaptation to the bloodiest urban combat in recent times would definitely be welcome as good attention to detail.
What I'm talking about it is the 9mm spotting rifle monunted on the SMAW a high explosive rocket launcher used by marines during the second battle of fallujah as a general purpose rocket launcher,now the way this works is that the 9mm spotting rifle acts as a way to to be more accurate with your shot with the actual SMAW,if the bullet hits in the genral direction where the target there's more of a chance you hit the intended targethttps://m.youtube.com/watch?v=l6o0cgG4sN8.The link shows marines in fallujah doing the same thing I described,two of the marines get ready to fire the SMAW while another suppresses the target with his m249 while the other marines ready the SMAW one of them directs the guy carrying the SMAW while he fires the tracer rounds after the one yells "TARGET" he fires the SMAW.
This would be a pretty neat addition to six days and a pretty interesting command to give one of your marines,curious to see how if it would play out as shown in the video,really hoping amper sees this one good luck him and the folks over at Vitcura on making this game as good as it can be.
Last edited by Enthusiast on Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Blade0351

Re: 9mm rifle spotting rifle on the SMAW

As an assaultman, I think being able to use the SMAW in this game would be awesome. It was used a LOT during the battle anyways so it would make sense. And if you do put it in the game, you gotta include the spotting rifle.
Enthusiast

I think it's more than likely we'll see the SMAW in the game,like you said it was used extensively during the actual battle and its hard to believe they wouldn't pay attention to something like that although despite it not being shown in the weapons list they did state the list was not exhaustive and a lot of weapons were not showcased that were used during the battle but its up in the air whether or not they'll include the spotting rifle.Something I forgot to include in the post is that it fires tracer rounds making a bit easier to hit your target especially at night if you know anything about tracer rounds,but besides all that I'm quite excited to get a response from amper about this and I'm curious to hear others people's thoughts on this.
BadKarma

I do hope they include the SMAW, on top of it, most of the guns need to sound beefy and powerful, they are the primary method of interacting in these games after all.
Unknown0351

Enthusiast wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 12:57 pm This something I don't recall seeing in any fps I've played so including it in this game which is trying to serve as an adaptation to the bloodiest urban combat in recent times would definitely be welcome as good attention to detail.
I believe Squad has the spotting rifle on the SMAW but that’s the only game I can recall.
Enthusiast

Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure ARMA 3 also has the SMAW but I come from console so sadly I haven't played and of the tactical shooters on there,right now at the moment insurgency sandstorm is what's holding me till six days comes out along with other games and I'm really hoping six days is what kicks off tactical shooters on console
Enthusiast

"I do hope they include the SMAW, on top of it, most of the guns need to sound beefy and powerful, they are the primary method of interacting in these games after all".

On the topic of guns sounds I really hope
six days nails that,so many games never accurately portray just how loud guns are but to be fair those games tend to not aim for realism the same way six days will.The M16A4 sounds pretty close to its real life counterpart and sounds pretty beefy too,something else I hope they get right is the way your shot fades away in the background something insurgency sandstorm actually does pretty well.I know this thread is about the SMAW but I couldn't help talk about something else and I'll probably make a post talking about this along with some things but like I said it's pretty likely the SMAW will be in the game along with other weapons.
AmperCamper
Community Manager

Thanks for all the comments and requests on this. The SMAW most likely won't make it into the initial release, but it's very likely to be added through an update.
Enthusiast

That's fine I guess, I'm fine with certain things getting added later into the game than just not having it at all but while we're on the topic of guns not yet revealed can we expect the same to happen with diffrent weapons as well,obviously stil accurate to the events of course.