Insurgent and marine AI

Discussions and chats related to Six Days in Fallujah.
Enthusiast

Insurgent and marine AI

Something I feel like is very important for this game to be to do well would be the AI for both the insurgents and your fellow marines.Starting off with the insurgents you guys seem to have a good understanding of thier tactics and methods during the second battle of fallujah,I've seen amper address that ther will be spider holes and booby trapped bulidings as well as fortified pkm and dshk gunners in bulidings and snipers around the city but when it comes to direct contact with the enemy will they blindfire around corners or shout insults in English to demoralize you?.

In the gameplay trailer you can hear one of the insurgents yell Allahu akbar one making contact with one of the marines so that's pretty nice attention to detail and this brings to my next point the marines and thier AI.
Now we already know that will be able to command marines but that'll probably depend on the role and mission and when it comes to commanding marines you never wanna feel like your doing alone.In a game like insurgency sandstorm I find myself frustrated feeling I'm the only one doing anything and I hope that's not the case with this game.
Another thing I'm curious about is the voice lines for certain actions,for example when your clearing a room you can hear on the marines saying "clear" when breaching a room or yell "CONTACT" when running into the enemy I wonder what other voiclines the marines will have when getting shot at heavily from a pkm sniper fire have the option to taunt enemies or even yell Get some! When an apache or an a10 thunderbolts (if you couldn't tell im a massive generation
kill fan) decimates the insurgents or a hostile buliding.Thats about it for this post just curious to see how clever the AI will be in this game nevertheless I can't wait for this games release I've been waiting for a tactical fps around the brutal urban combat that took place during the iraq war and I hope this games that Idea justice
Kean_1

Re: Insurgent and marine AI

Enthusiast wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:15 am Now we already know that will be able to command marines but that'll probably depend on the role and mission and when it comes to commanding marines you never wanna feel like your doing alone.In a game like insurgency sandstorm I find myself frustrated feeling I'm the only one doing anything and I hope that's not the case with this game.
To be fair, Insurgency Sandstorm doesn't have a mode or system that allows you to give direction to AI. It's really only a multiplayer title where you can play against other real players or with them in co-op.

Insurgency's problem IMO / IME is that in co-op it forces people to join teams with random players. You have no choice. .....so unless you have 7 other friends (IIRC the teams are 8), you will be matched up with strangers to fill the roster.

Sandstorm simply needed the ability for people to create invite-only sessions as well as to start games with less people. Co-op with like-minded friends is a whole lot different than being paired with randoms who more often than not will not work as a team. ....e.g. rushing objectives, trolling fellow players and so on. This is where I hope the SDiF team does not make the same mistake.

Having said that, Insurgency co-op gets stale pretty fast which is where I believe SDiF will set itself apart from other co-op experiences with their procedurally generated layouts. ....potentially making each experience feel new.
Enthusiast

Yeah I feel you man,while I still do enjoy playing insurgency sandstorm I will admit it gets really stale after a while one biggest criticisms with the game is that after playing through every map you already know what to expect but with six days it's the exact opposite.It also dosen't help the that insurgencies AI isn't...great to say the least I'm not sure about pc but on console the insurgents half of the time ate shooting at you pinpoint accuracy no matter what and never respond properly to suppressive fire and in general just act very dumb along with your team.But yeah to end things off I just wanna say that I am very excited for this games release and I really this will be the game to Kickstart tactical fps on console since we aren't exactly spoiled for choice in that department,part of the reason why im so hyped for the game and can't to play it
Fallujah1019

Enthusiast wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 5:04 pm Yeah I feel you man,while I still do enjoy playing insurgency sandstorm I will admit it gets really stale after a while one biggest criticisms with the game is that after playing through every map you already know what to expect but with six days it's the exact opposite.It also dosen't help the that insurgencies AI isn't...great to say the least I'm not sure about pc but on console the insurgents half of the time ate shooting at you pinpoint accuracy no matter what and never respond properly to suppressive fire and in general just act very dumb along with your team.But yeah to end things off I just wanna say that I am very excited for this games release and I really this will be the game to Kickstart tactical fps on console since we aren't exactly spoiled for choice in that department,part of the reason why im so hyped for the game and can't to play it
Exactly how I’m feeling right now. I really hope the ai on both sides are good and realistic for SDIF.
AmperCamper
Community Manager

Enthusiast wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:15 am Now we already know that will be able to command marines but that'll probably depend on the role and mission and when it comes to commanding marines you never wanna feel like your doing alone.In a game like insurgency sandstorm I find myself frustrated feeling I'm the only one doing anything and I hope that's not the case with this game.
We agree: you should never feel alone when commanding a squad of Marine AI. Consider them tools that are critical to overcoming our Insurgent AI and completing the mission.

More on some of your other questions in the next SITREP (still working on this). Thank you all for asking questions and being patient with this one.
Enthusiast

Thanks for the replies amper it's nice seeing someone from vitcura answering my questions although I avoid asking some thar I know you can't answer for certain reasons so I try stick to more general stuff you know,my next post is going to be talking about possible commands for your marines as well as small suggestions thanks for taking the time to reply man appreciate it amper.