Preorder?

Discussions and chats related to Six Days in Fallujah.
Slug

Preorder?

Sure it's been asked or atleast wondered. But is their a preorder bonus? Cool ass ninja skin that makes you stick out like a sore thumb? Is gamestores going to offer such things? Or is this gonna be one of titles that picks up more traction later on like insurgency?
Destin242

Re: Preorder?

I doubt we would get any in-game pre-order bonus as the game seems to really be set on telling the stories of those who fought during the battle and mulitplayer isnt going to happen (atleast not in release) so I doubt any "skins" will happen

I asked a while back about physical special editions with physicial stuff and Amper said it will likely not happen but I wouldn't be suprised if possibly gamestop, bestbuy etc. etc. had something small like a keychain but then again perhaps not.
staropal0972

Already talked about this. viewtopic.php?f=15&t=460&p=2030#p2030
Just noticed Destin pointed this out before me. But I'd like to reiterate that this would ruin the solid purpose of the game, and I strongly disagree with this idea.
AmperCamper
Community Manager

staropal0972 wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 8:28 pm Already talked about this. viewtopic.php?f=15&t=460&p=2030#p2030
Thanks Destin and staro for jumping on this. This is correct.

And, thanks again for your feedback on the topic.
Kean_1

staropal0972 wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 8:28 pm Already talked about this. viewtopic.php?f=15&t=460&p=2030#p2030
Just noticed Destin pointed this out before me. But I'd like to reiterate that this would ruin the solid purpose of the game, and I strongly disagree with this idea.
.....although I could see an opportunity to introduce new skins and items in co-op and possibly a future PvP element that could still hold true to the core values of the game. Really depends on what and how they are implemented.
Brett

My brother in Christ why tf would you want a ninja skin in a game like 6 days lmfao
Kridath

Kean_1 wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:24 am
.....although I could see an opportunity to introduce new skins and items in co-op and possibly a future PvP element that could still hold true to the core values of the game. Really depends on what and how they are implemented.
Please no. The gaming community as a whole is fed up with these micro-transactions for just skins. I know I am.

Personally, I would rather play a super solid released game and not have to pay for any "pay to win," I am especially not paying any extra on cosmetics.

With all the efforts the devs are putting into this game I would rather just play the game as intended rather than have to pay for extra stuff.

And thats part of the reason I believe that SDiF needs to hit this out of the park to bring the FPS genre back into the golden age where microtransactions weren't a thing and people enjoyed the games for how they were released.
Kean_1

Kridath wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 3:03 pm
Kean_1 wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:24 am
Please no. The gaming community as a whole is fed up with these micro-transactions for just skins. I know I am.

Personally, I would rather play a super solid released game and not have to pay for any "pay to win," I am especially not paying any extra on cosmetics.

With all the efforts the devs are putting into this game I would rather just play the game as intended rather than have to pay for extra stuff.

And thats part of the reason I believe that SDiF needs to hit this out of the park to bring the FPS genre back into the golden age where microtransactions weren't a thing and people enjoyed the games for how they were released.
MTXs aren't a bad thing especially when they can help support the additional resources needed to develop new content and improvements beyond just fixes, etc. over a more limited life cycle. .......additional DLC that can be enjoyed by all. A game can be a super solid performer that's robust and full of content while still offering cosmetics via an MTX model.

As for the golden age, paid DLC has been a thing for many years in the form of expansion packs, map packs, etc. Simply another form of MTXs expanding on the existing core game. Personally, I would much rather have content that would be released and can be enjoyed by all supported by aesthetics / cosmetics to those who want to pay for them.

I'm fine either way but if SDiF turns out to be the game I hope it is, I would support MTXs in the interest in seeing it further improved / expanded beyond what might not be possible without it.

In either case, I wasn't talking about a "pay to win" strategy which is something completely different.