First time play throwing players straight into the action.

Share suggestions and feedback here.
BadKarma

First time play throwing players straight into the action.

I heard the previous iteration of Six Days was when you first booted the game, it suddenly had you in the gameplay portion during the train station, many games like BFV do it, I think that would be a terrible idea since many people here would prefer to go into the options menu in order to sort out things like the FOV slider or to check out the keybinds in order to play properly.

Even console players dislike the idea, so hopefully the current Six Days won't make that mistake.

Thanks for reading.
AmperCamper
Community Manager

Re: First time play throwing players straight into the action.

Thanks for the feedback on this, Karma. Curious if others feel the same way?
Stoopid

Yup, I hate when games do this.
It ruins the immersion for me, as I feel like I'm not ready to start yet, and either way I always get pulled out of it immediately, so I can have a look at the settings.
Blade0351

AmperCamper wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 9:27 am Thanks for the feedback on this, Karma. Curious if others feel the same way?
I think a sort of tutorial level would be good if it makes sense. Like have the guys at the FOB zeroing weapons or checking gear and show the controls for each item. Nothing super long but I think that's better than just throwing them right in I guess.
Fallujah1019

AmperCamper wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 9:27 am Thanks for the feedback on this, Karma. Curious if others feel the same way?
I don't really have a preference but I see what you guys are saying.
Badd_Karrmaa

No preference for me. I'm just looking forward to the game as a whole
BobTank63

I think bringing players to a menu first would be better for settings adjustment. I also think a tutorial level would be great since its tactical shooter instead of a bog standard FPS.
Frisiaa

Maybe a little training scene? Squad has this, and it's better than nothing. Just the walk, run, crouch, prone etc. Some shooting and grenade throwing, and of course CQB. Possibly even commanding your team mates here. Just a play/training ground
axelxan

Personally I hate when game throws me right into action after launching. I would love to see something like a briefing in a tent or something like that, with some officer talking and showing you controls on whiteboard (kinda like in a Generation Kill series from HBO). Then add some "normal" briefing about actual action in fallujah, and after briefing give player option to test controls and gear in like a preparing camp where everyone around would be packing gear and moving stuff to vehicles and player could have option to go to provisional firing range to test guns and controls. When player is ready to start the game, he would have to go to one of the vehicles that AI is packing and press ready from context menu.

Optional: I would add option to start from different points on the map, based on which vehicle player will enter from preparation camp.
Optional 2: If there were to be roles to choose for a mission like: squad leader, grenadier, medic, mg, etc. Player would choose the role by entering vehicle by particular door.
c_mill40

I think a cool idea would be a tutorial level where your character is still at boot camp and it showcases drill instructors yelling and different things like that