Next SITREP

Discussions and chats related to Six Days in Fallujah.
krzy

Re: Next SITREP

aggimajera wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 9:23 pm For sure. But it feels like it's getting harder to suggest or contribute since we are seeing so little on the gameplay side. That's game development, though.
Definitely would love to see more details on the gameplay - especially things like squad management. From the trailer we know about the contextual "go" system, but how flexible the ordering is? What if I don't want to breach particular door, but just have some of my squad watch it, and have other guys enter the building from other side? Or maybe the door's already open, I'm taking fire from that building and want my grenadier to fire M203 inside?

How AI ordering system ties (if at all) with multiplayer? Kean above mentioned Arma and one nice thing about it is how the ordering system stays the same whether you play with AI or human-controlled teammates. The only difference being other players see an indication of what to do and where on their screens. And, going further down this road, how communication is handled in Six Days - is there differentiation between talking directly to people around you, and using radio to communicate with ones further away (or maybe the levels/maps are designed so that you never are that far from others?), in co-op do you have some kind of "point finger at" action (Arma players who use ACE will tell you how such seemingly small thing is so important on the battlefield)?

In the last SITREPs we've seen what the artist department is capable of, now let's see programmers and level designers show off! :D
AmperCamper
Community Manager

Aqua-Marine wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 1:46 pm Can you say anything about the next SITREP topic now that the previous one on insurgent weapons has finally been released?
We're still finalizing our decisions on this one, and I'll circle back when we have a definite green light on our next diary!
Kean_1 wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 10:35 am This is true but in regard to Insurgency Sandstrom the short comings from that game (for me at least) is the fact that it was developed to be a game with gameplay aspects that sit between a casual shooter like CoD and a more serious one like SQUAD. The game also doesn't have a campaign and any hope of a tactical experience in co-op is absolutely ruined by the fact that the game forces players to team up with randoms in matchmaking. I'm really hoping SDiF will not take a similar tack wth it's co-op.
We'll discuss things like this in more detail when we discuss co-op, but for now: we're keeping this in mind. Thanks, Kean.
krzy wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 1:11 pm Definitely would love to see more details on the gameplay - especially things like squad management. From the trailer we know about the contextual "go" system, but how flexible the ordering is? What if I don't want to breach particular door, but just have some of my squad watch it, and have other guys enter the building from other side? Or maybe the door's already open, I'm taking fire from that building and want my grenadier to fire M203 inside?
I had a response to this here, but to reiterate: The Go Command's demo was pretty surface-level, and we plan to dive further into its feature set in the future. For now: players are given a couple simple and intuitive modifiers that allow you to be more specific with your commands. With these modifiers, our internal tests are showing players are able to issue exactly the order they want. Plus, the modifiers are simple enough that they’re easy to remember.

Overall, thank you all for being upfront about your thoughts and our progress. Improvements can't be made without feedback like this, and I'll pass this on to our leadership. I think it's very important that I remind you guys how much we really appreciate your patience as we roll this game out.
AmperCamper
Community Manager

AmperCamper wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 8:23 am We're still finalizing our decisions on this one, and I'll circle back when we have a definite green light on our next diary!
Making sure I don't forget to update everyone: we'll be talking about audio design in the next SITREP. Our internal testing has shown that audio is one of the most powerful tools we have to expand our gameplay. We've touched on some audio in previous diaries, but we want to take the opportunity now to dive in. We're excited to show our audio team some love on this one! You guys can expect this in a few weeks time.
staropal0972

Can we expect some more video footage or gameplay for this one?
AmperCamper
Community Manager

staropal0972 wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 12:22 pm Can we expect some more video footage or gameplay for this one?
Yes, but to set expectations: clips will be short and sweet (like the M16 reload animation video). But, we are taking steps to start including more. In a SITREP covering audio, we want sound to (mostly) speak for itself. We felt this was a good balance.
staropal0972

AmperCamper wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 12:53 pm
staropal0972 wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 12:22 pm Can we expect some more video footage or gameplay for this one?
Yes, but to set expectations: clips will be short and sweet (like the M16 reload animation video). But, we are taking steps to start including more. In a SITREP covering audio, we want sound to (mostly) speak for itself. We felt this was a good balance.
Sounds good to me. Hopefully more of the community will have a higher sense of audacity in regards to showing more interest in SDIF's updates with these plans set in motion. Can't wait to play anyday!