Enemy Intel / Collectables

Discussions and chats related to Six Days in Fallujah.
Stickfigure21

Enemy Intel / Collectables

One thing I always thought was neat in games like call of duty / battlefield was the addition of campaign collectibles. Special items to find in areas that aren’t particularly obvious to the player.

Call of duty had “enemy intel” laptops and in their WWII game they had “ souvenirs“ I guess you would call it. This could be a cool addition as veteran bring back souvenirs from the GWOT are unique and always tell a story. A buddy of mine got to pose with one of Saddam’s golden AK’s when they took his palace, wish I kept that photo.

My point being, maybe in the game we could find these things such as ISIS flags, or enemy intel from dead bodies if you search them, or even unique items inspired by real items vets brought back stateside as war trophies.

What is the communities opinion on adding these to 6DIF? Let’s hear some input below.

-Steve
staropal0972

Re: Enemy Intel / Collectables

I could see the war trophy aspect of this concept being integrated into the game quite prudent to further servicing the authenticity. Absolutely I agree with something like this, just as an added bonus for those completionists.
aggimajera

Stickfigure21 wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 4:06 pm One thing I always thought was neat in games like call of duty / battlefield was the addition of campaign collectibles. Special items to find in areas that aren’t particularly obvious to the player.

Call of duty had “enemy intel” laptops and in their WWII game they had “ souvenirs“ I guess you would call it. This could be a cool addition as veteran bring back souvenirs from the GWOT are unique and always tell a story. A buddy of mine got to pose with one of Saddam’s golden AK’s when they took his palace, wish I kept that photo.

My point being, maybe in the game we could find these things such as ISIS flags, or enemy intel from dead bodies if you search them, or even unique items inspired by real items vets brought back stateside as war trophies.

What is the communities opinion on adding these to 6DIF? Let’s hear some input below.

-Steve
I personally think this idea could work from a storytelling perspective as well. Collecting intelligence is piecing together a story. We need to remember, Fallujah is a city. Its someones home. One of the best aspects of videogames is leaving lore up to the player to piece together themselves through speaking with NPC's and finding documents. I think something similar could be done here.

Examples of things you could find conducting sweeps:
1.) A letter from a family member America, begging them to leave ASAP, with blood smears nearby.
2.) The remains of prayer rugs facing the setting sun.
3.) Childrens drawings showing the men in black being mean.
4.) A lone misbaha near a picture of an elder man.
5.) 1/2 packed suitcases with passports, blood smears and signs of struggle.
6.) The remnants of IED making materials on a desk.
7.) Food crawling with flies on the table.
8.) A letter from a Sunni elder to an insurgent, begging his son to forgo Salafi Propaganda.

The list can go forever. Essentially, we could have collectibles that serve to tell the story of the inhabitants and the insurgents and remind us these are people.
BadKarma

Basically what Vietcong 2003 did, collecting random pieces of Intel to break the monotomy of always being in a firefight.
AmperCamper
Community Manager

This is a great suggestion for us! Thanks for all the examples, too.

I'll pass this thread to the team.
Stickfigure21

AmperCamper wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 7:32 am This is a great suggestion for us! Thanks for all the examples, too.

I'll pass this thread to the team.
Good shit. Would be an interesting mechanic for the game too if you found enemy Intel from bodies and the game let you knew a building was being used as a bait house for an ambush. Or if an ally has an IED.
Blade0351

I think this could work and I would suggest if you pick something up you should be able to view it in a collections type page and have actually historical facts per item. Like a pamphlet could be a collectable and it could be one the military dropped on the city and then tell the story how they were distributed telling everyone to leave. Just to add more information about the operation on a wider scale.
Stickfigure21

Yes. Flyers and pamphlet we’re huge in terms of propaganda on both sides. Insurgents would commonly paste up papers all over the place, on buildings, stores, or houses to give warnings to anyone thinking of cooperating with US or allied forces. This feature could be done really well in the game.

Maybe the game could even have a feature related to having a translator in the field with the unit to conduct in the field interrogations / questioning civilians / reading intel found in a native language.

All the best
-Steve
Kridath

aggimajera wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 10:57 am
Stickfigure21 wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 4:06 pm One thing I always thought was neat in games like call of duty / battlefield was the addition of campaign collectibles. Special items to find in areas that aren’t particularly obvious to the player.

-Steve
I personally think this idea could work from a storytelling perspective as well. Collecting intelligence is piecing together a story. We need to remember, Fallujah is a city. Its someones home. One of the best aspects of videogames is leaving lore up to the player to piece together themselves through speaking with NPC's and finding documents. I think something similar could be done here.

Examples of things you could find conducting sweeps:
1.) A letter from a family member America, begging them to leave ASAP, with blood smears nearby.
2.) The remains of prayer rugs facing the setting sun.
3.) Childrens drawings showing the men in black being mean.
4.) A lone misbaha near a picture of an elder man.
5.) 1/2 packed suitcases with passports, blood smears and signs of struggle.
6.) The remnants of IED making materials on a desk.
7.) Food crawling with flies on the table.
8.) A letter from a Sunni elder to an insurgent, begging his son to forgo Salafi Propaganda.

The list can go forever. Essentially, we could have collectibles that serve to tell the story of the inhabitants and the insurgents and remind us these are people.
I think It would be cool if there were also houses with weapons cashes that have enemy equipment in them in certain houses.

If the story includes it also have Hight Value Targets (HVT's) that you can find and identify later on in the missions. Cool concept, I have full faith in this team and am super excited for this game to release.