Movement speed.

Share suggestions and feedback here.
BadKarma

Movement speed.

I think that the default speed should be set to walking as it's the most realistic "default" so to speak movement on a person who is not normally under stress, and then you can run with Shift, similar to the new Resident Evil games.
AmperCamper
Community Manager

Re: Movement speed.

Thanks for your thoughts on this.

This is more or less how things work at the moment. We've tweaked movement speed quite a bit since we kicked off our project, and I'm sure we'll continue to do so as we gather more feedback from testing.
Trood

If I may add to this; I suggest a “jog” being the standard. And hear me out before I’m offed.

Normal movement jog but speed progression with the left stick.

Single left stick click (toggle) is walking

When jogging, double click, is all out sprint (limited range, increased gear rattle and excessive head bobbing, heavy breathing, expletives being uttered, possible lowering of weapon etc)

Please don’t do the dumb slide stuff call of duty has. It’s fake news. Diving, not so much. Cool animation would be adjusting helmet post dive, “weird” head movement or partial roll depending on final angle of dive. I know this may be to complex at this point.

Those who have been shot at can attest, speed is faster, and a rock the size of red bull can makes for great “cover” on a mental state. Also, insane profanity if caught in a bad spot.

On that I hope to see exertions of but not over done along the lines of “shit! Fuck! Whore! Left, one block, alley, machine gun/ small arms/ shooter/ multiple MAMa (military aged males)”

Second part 100% wishful thinking

Cheers
AmperCamper
Community Manager

Trood wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:02 pm If I may add to this; I suggest a “jog” being the standard. And hear me out before I’m offed.
Suggestions are always welcome, so thanks Trood for posting.

Our default for movement is a "walk" because this is the default for how Marines normally move. The current plan is using Shift to run and double tapping to sprint. It sounds like we're pretty aligned!
BadKarma

I'm a fan of that movement scheme, this hypes me even more, Amper! I have no doubt the game will deliver.
EddyG

Love the suggestions by Trood!
BadKarma

One important thing I forgot to mention, if the "Push once to run, twice to fully run" is done with console sticks, I would recommend the standard speed be raised a bit to fast walking max, then you can by pushing the stick lightly or harder so you can adjust your movement, for those who like to take it slow, because there is one common problem this movement setup has, and it is prevalent in newer Call of Duties too, pressing too much the left sticks tends to cause stick drift, I don't know if quality assurance has gone down in the several years but it's troublesome when it happens, thankfully it has not happened to me yet, but to avoid it I do not press the sticks ever and keep the controllers in a desk free of dust..

Thanks for checking in.