Community Discord?

Share suggestions and feedback here.
Kean_1

Re: Community Discord?

AT4 84mm wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 3:46 am I can totally understand that, but I think the doorkickers discord server is a good example of it executed in a good way.
The UI and format is still the same though which is my point. I can see it being a good platform for chats, meet-ups, finding out info from those online, etc. but it just can't replace forums. ....both have their uses though.

For me, forums remain the medium to relay my feedback to developers, search for info / topics, join discussions, document ideas, etc.
AT4 84mm

Kean_1 wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 9:13 am
AT4 84mm wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 3:46 am I can totally understand that, but I think the doorkickers discord server is a good example of it executed in a good way.
The UI and format is still the same though which is my point. I can see it being a good platform for chats, meet-ups, finding out info from those online, etc. but it just can't replace forums. ....both have their uses though.

For me, forums remain the medium to relay my feedback to developers, search for info / topics, join discussions, document ideas, etc.
Idea: what if this remains the main suggestion forum but discord for other communication?
Kean_1

AT4 84mm wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 6:47 am Idea: what if this remains the main suggestion forum but discord for other communication?
Why have limitations at all? Let them coexist side by side as forums do now with other social media like Twitter, Reddit and yes, Discord. Let players / customers choose their method of engagement.
AT4 84mm

Kean_1 wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 6:54 am
AT4 84mm wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 6:47 am Idea: what if this remains the main suggestion forum but discord for other communication?
Why have limitations at all? Let them coexist side by side as forums do now with other social media like Twitter, Reddit and yes, Discord. Let players / customers choose their method of engagement.

Not to sound rude, but that was exactly what I was suggesting.
Kean_1

AT4 84mm wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 8:53 am

I don't find anything rude in your response but what I was addressing was that forums aren't just for suggestions. Folks use them to get the latest news, find solutions to problems, engage with fellow players, report problems, etc., etc.

Someone mentioned it earlier but Discord vs. forums is like texts are to emails. ....more immediate and where people can live chat for example which is fine. Both can be used to communicate a lot of things though. ....not just as a suggestion box for example.

I mean, we're having a conversation right now.......on a forum.
staropal0972

It would seem to be the most logical and plausible idea to allow the forums and Discord server to coexist. Give people a multitude of ways to keep in touch with game news and the community. I, for one, will be using both and I know many here will.
AT4 84mm

Kean_1 wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 9:22 am
AT4 84mm wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 8:53 am

I don't find anything rude in your response but what I was addressing was that forums aren't just for suggestions. Folks use them to get the latest news, find solutions to problems, engage with fellow players, report problems, etc., etc.

Someone mentioned it earlier but Discord vs. forums is like texts are to emails. ....more immediate and where people can live chat for example which is fine. Both can be used to communicate a lot of things though. ....not just as a suggestion box for example.

I mean, we're having a conversation right now.......on a forum.
yeah i guess thats true, the forums are a better way to get immediate response from the devs or others, like mailing them.
Stickfigure21

We’re talking about two different things here. The forum is useful for directed questions at the game that is good for “on the record” development. The discord would be for bullshitting, interacting with the community and getting others hyped about the game. Absolutely the two can coexist. It’s just a matter of time. Amper has already confirmed the discord is something devs are lookin in to and we just gotta wait.