Community Discord?

Share suggestions and feedback here.
Stickfigure21

Re: Community Discord?

AmperCamper wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:44 pm
Stickfigure21 wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 10:29 pm As far as feedback on the forum, it mostly just comes down to getting used to how it works. Images is the largest “clunk” I’ve encountered. I’ve yet to figure out how to upload images while using the forum on my phone, but 90% of the time it’s not a big deal.
Images have to be hosted elsewhere and linked, which is easier to do on desktop to be fair. It's possible on mobile, but you do have to jump through more windows. I'll take a look at options, but our theme is pretty set in stone.

Thanks for this!
Good to hear. If it’s set in stone then so be it, but consider the discord option, far more streamline when it comes to general bullshittery like just talking shit.

The forum is cool for talking about specific topics and starting threads with specific questions, but I feel what discord would provide would just be general and casual hang out spot for everyone interested.

Always down to BS and trade memes with the community
-Steve
staropal0972

Stickfigure21 wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 1:36 pm
AmperCamper wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:44 pm
Stickfigure21 wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 10:29 pm As far as feedback on the forum, it mostly just comes down to getting used to how it works. Images is the largest “clunk” I’ve encountered. I’ve yet to figure out how to upload images while using the forum on my phone, but 90% of the time it’s not a big deal.
Images have to be hosted elsewhere and linked, which is easier to do on desktop to be fair. It's possible on mobile, but you do have to jump through more windows. I'll take a look at options, but our theme is pretty set in stone.

Thanks for this!
Good to hear. If it’s set in stone then so be it, but consider the discord option, far more streamline when it comes to general bullshittery like just talking shit.

The forum is cool for talking about specific topics and starting threads with specific questions, but I feel what discord would provide would just be general and casual hang out spot for everyone interested.

Always down to BS and trade memes with the community
-Steve
Agreed 100%.
Stickfigure21

Any update as to setting up a community discord? I’m not TOO familiar with the process but it seems easy enough, I’d be happy to help set one up or even set up an “unofficial” community discord.

-Steve
AmperCamper
Community Manager

Our current plans are to kick-off an official Discord as we get closer to release. Yes, the delay does mean the launch of the Discord is pushed for later as well.

We want you guys to get the most out of an official Discord. If we kick one off right now, we won't have more activations outside of the planned SITREPs for the forums and website. Yes, you'll have a faster means of posing questions, but we'd rather have these documented on the forums (as information is easily lost in active Discord channels).

With that being said, we recognize the sense of community that's available via Discord. Until then, we are still keeping your suggestions in mind for the forums (ie, Off-topic section).

As always, this could change depending on the various beats in our road to launch, but this is where we're currently sitting. Always welcoming feedback on this.
AT4 84mm

We are going into Q2 now, may I ask how close the community discord is to being made? A discord server would help the game in many ways, like building up hype, suggestions, easier to follow news on the game and it’s easier to communicate with the community (which is a very important thing).

//AT4
AmperCamper
Community Manager

AT4 84mm wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 2:41 am We are going into Q2 now, may I ask how close the community discord is to being made? A discord server would help the game in many ways, like building up hype, suggestions, easier to follow news on the game and it’s easier to communicate with the community (which is a very important thing).

//AT4
Thanks for checking up on this! Discord is still very high on our priority list. We'd like to kick one off as much as you guys do (as we believe there is just as much benefit for us at the studio as the community). We're still perfecting our timing on launching this, and we'll have more on this later.
Kean_1

AmperCamper wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 12:30 pm Yes, you'll have a faster means of posing questions, but we'd rather have these documented on the forums (as information is easily lost in active Discord channels).
I'm glad you folks see the importance of the forum as well.

I agree and perhaps it's because I'm old but I prefer forums like this vs. Discord to communicate and document ideas / feedback. I see Discord as more of a place to engage with the community in chat, meet other players / friends to organize a game, discuss various topics and so on. .....or maybe I'm just missing something and need to explore it more. Personally, I found the UI a bit confusing during the times I had used it. Once for a beta which had me scratching my head.
AT4 84mm

Kean_1 wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 9:30 am
AmperCamper wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 12:30 pm Yes, you'll have a faster means of posing questions, but we'd rather have these documented on the forums (as information is easily lost in active Discord channels).
I'm glad you folks see the importance of the forum as well.

I agree and perhaps it's because I'm old but I prefer forums like this vs. Discord to communicate and document ideas / feedback. I see Discord as more of a place to engage with the community in chat, meet other players / friends to organize a game, discuss various topics and so on. .....or maybe I'm just missing something and need to explore it more. Personally, I found the UI a bit confusing during the times I had used it. Once for a beta which had me scratching my head.
I can totally understand that, but I think the doorkickers discord server is a good example of it executed in a good way.
AmperCamper
Community Manager

I want to clarify that our plans for an official Discord won't replace the forums. Ideally, we'd have a medium for things exactly like Kean described, alongside things shared here (like news). We understand that community preferences vary, and we want to accommodate these. But, remember that we're trying to get our timing right.

For now, it's exciting for us to see all the community interest on this! Thank you guys again for all the suggestions as we work towards a Discord launch in the future.
AT4 84mm

Alright! I can’t wait, I hope this server is going to be released soon! Anyways keep up the good work, haven’t been this excited for a game in a while!