SITREP: Gear Authenticity

Series of developer diaries for Six Days in Fallujah.
staropal0972

Re: SITREP: Gear Authenticity

Now that you guys have fixed the Marine models, is there any plans to update the screenshots containing the old models from last year? We're eager to get more content out of the team!
BadKarma

Amazing work in progress guys, haven't lost any single drop of hype regarding Six Days, even ever since 2009, hoping I and the rest will be able to pre-order the game when the due time comes.
Stickfigure21

Nice ACOG on that M16. All ya need is a KAC broomstick foregrip & a PEQ-2 and you’re having a real party. Hell, maybe some old school PVS NVG’s.

Well worth the wait. Nice update. Give it another week and people will start to ask for the next one.

Give my complements to the team and all. Keep up the good work 👌🏻

-Steve
AmperCamper
Community Manager

Raven wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 3:04 pm The question that burns me the most is, when we will see the rifle slings?
To clarify, we haven't confirmed these, but they aren't completely off the table. We know these were used, but they are a technical challenge.
staropal0972 wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 3:29 pm Something to add on, will there be rucksacks, ammo belts, and assault packs clutching onto their backs? And helmet scrims (the leaves) on some of the Marines? Those were definitely a thing for various Marines across Fallujah. The helmet on the reference material showing the Marine looks a little bit too wide but it looks a million times better than what was shown last year. Keep it up.
Adding this to the list of feedback for the team. Thanks for the extra reference images, too. These are always welcome!
staropal0972 wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 7:10 pm Now that you guys have fixed the Marine models, is there any plans to update the screenshots containing the old models from last year? We're eager to get more content out of the team!
This is a cool suggestion. I don't think we'll be taking the same exact shots with updated visuals (you guys have seen them and the repetition is boring), but updating marketing material in some way is planned. At the very least, assets shown will be using the new models going forward.
Stickfigure21

What I’m curious about is what do the insurgent models look like? Maybe some sneak peaks in the next sitrep?

-Steve
AmperCamper
Community Manager

Stickfigure21 wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 9:45 pm What I’m curious about is what do the insurgent models look like? Maybe some sneak peaks in the next sitrep?
We have early peeks at insurgents from our round of announcement screenshots from last February, but this is a good suggestion. I'll add it to the list of potential SITREPs. Please keep these coming if there's something you guys are particularly interested in as we move forward with development.

Aqua-Marine

The work that your artists have done on the gear looks amazing!

Can you share with us just generally the planned topics for the next 2-3 sitreps? it makes the waiting ALOT easier when I know what to expect.

Thanks!
AmperCamper
Community Manager

Thank you for the kind words on this!
Aqua-Marine wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 2:01 am Can you share with us just generally the planned topics for the next 2-3 sitreps? it makes the waiting ALOT easier when I know what to expect.
We're still in the planning phases for the next few entries, but you guys can expect the next SITREP to focus on weapons. There are still moving parts on this, and so I can't confirm specifics just yet, but I hope this gives everyone a starting point.
Raven

AmperCamper wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 12:09 pm
Raven wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 3:04 pm The question that burns me the most is, when we will see the rifle slings?
To clarify, we haven't confirmed these, but they aren't completely off the table. We know these were used, but they are a technical challenge.

Challenging? Yes of course the collision handling and smooth animations could be the real terror.

Worth it? Yes! as it is a really good USP and it will increase the degree of reality tremendously . If you don't manage to do it until release I really hope you will deliver this in an expansion pack later on.
Immune

AmperCamper wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 12:09 pm
One other aspect to think about with slings, if feasible as stated, that offers that extra slice of realism. Particularly in situations like door breaches, to securing insurgents or handing out candy to kids, we would let our rifle fall hanging by the sling or push it boom side down and behind the arm to free hands for breach tools, dressing wounds, pulling someone into cover or controlling HVTs.

Admittedly a finer point, so it would not be world ending if it does not fit the development roadmap or deliverable milestones. More of a functional nice-to-have in my opinion.