Communication Bug

Share suggestions and feedback here.
StrixBit

Communication Bug

To start this isn't completely a "Bug Report" as I know this is a known issue. I wanted to post it in the feedback section on the forums since there really isn't a technical section for these sorts of things and posting in the discord things seem to get lost. I also felt that with quite a few people getting into the forums they too could add information that would help the team that is looking into this team narrow down what the cause is and hopefully squash it. I'm sure anyone who has had this encounter with it can attest to how difficult it is to play with.

The Experience:

The Lobby: You hear nothing, whether this is simply joining a random match, or accepting an invite to play. There is no voices to be heard however, they can hear you.

The Lobby Test: When in the lobby of a game, and in a discord VC of which I was the only one muted I began speaking. When speaking I mentioned to the group "Hey lets jump into voip and get ready to start", so they replied okay which mean they heard me through the lobby. However, once they jumped muted themselves in discord it began. I could no longer hear them.

In-Game: When in game I am able I was able to be heard, this was proven when teammates would react to things I said, and also because I had ask if they could hear me and if so people unmute and let me know. They could.

Things noticed:
  • When faced with this issue you can hear the the radio key-up, but that's all.
  • while looking for a group ran into an individual who just at that moment encountered the same issue for the first time since launch, and we both could not hear each other but our mics were working in discord.
  • One Mission the in-game communication will work. However, if you switch games to a new team/host it may just cut out and you can hear this occasionally
  • In-game Audio is completely unphased

Things Tried:

• Saving Audio settings - Worked Once, after clicking the save button I was able to hear my team again. (Before it was a known issue)
  • Joining New Lobby
  • Restarting Game - I've done this one to six times in a row with no lucky.
  • Quitting to Desktop, and playing later in the day/night- This works occasionally.
  • Restarting Steam
  • Running Steam as administrator
  • Restarting PC
  • Shutting down PC and Starting Back up
  • Verified Integrity of files
  • Fresh reinstall after removing all files

Hope this helps in some way, or is even okay to post in this section. If so I also hope that others with the same issue or similar will post their experience even if the same in hopes we can help anyway possible.
Will update if I gather more information, or find an error in something listed.
AmperCamper
Community Manager

Re: Communication Bug

We really appreciate you taking the time to lay all of this out for us.

We're still working on this, and we're expecting to have a visual indicator for mic input patched into the game this week to help narrow down the cause of this. I'll get your report to the team!