Procedural Architecture. Interiors Question

Share suggestions and feedback here.
ZenTakJack

Procedural Architecture. Interiors Question

Hello, i will first say that from the dozen videos i've seen of recent gameplay SDIF looks stunning and has a lot of heart put into it. So props to to that! when it comes to the Procedural Architecture it also looks phenomenal especially for a game like this. One of my main questions is about the variability of building interior floorplans/structures. All of the elements such as barricades, murder holes, seem to be generally well implemented and offer a good deal of anxiety/surprise factor. The environment shifting around is incredible and opens up alot of replay factor and suspense.

After watching essentially all of the recent gameplay videos available as of this post the only thing that seems a bit lacking is the variety in the layout of interiors, Specifically the "floorplans" themselves. I have well noticed from what i can tell identical interior layouts for a number of buildings across numerous videos. Witch does take away from the surprise factor a bit when you can predict the layout to that degree. Essentially the same physical structure for the interior each time.

I'm fully aware that not everything can be random and there's always going to be repetition at some point. The fact that anything is dynamic at all in this game is incredible for a tactical shooter and i will not take that for granted! Considering that room clearing is supposed to be the most intense, being able to too quickly memorize their layouts may hinder that.

However i will ask if you guys are open to expanding the Proc Architecture throughout Early Access to allow for more variety/unpredictability for building interiors, At the very least regarding the more misc houses, to allow for more "freedom" in the layout of rooms, etc. Though only if this wouldn't clash with the authenticity in any way.

Hopefully this isn't too unreasonable or odd of a question. Either way a response or context on this would be very appreciated :D
AmperCamper
Community Manager

Re: Procedural Architecture. Interiors Question

This isn't unreasonable at all, and we appreciate the question!
ZenTakJack wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 2:06 am However i will ask if you guys are open to expanding the Proc Architecture throughout Early Access to allow for more variety/unpredictability for building interiors, At the very least regarding the more misc houses, to allow for more "freedom" in the layout of rooms, etc. Though only if this wouldn't clash with the authenticity in any way.
To start, there's plenty of structures and interiors that you guys haven't quite seen yet as creators were limited to one specific mission. For the interiors that have happened to roll the same structure, there's still variability in quite a few things: enemy AI location, how many levels the building has, lamps and lighting locations, window barricades, locked doors, etc. Combine this with a few different fireteam members, and we're confident you'll have a different experience each time.