Customization suggestion

Share suggestions and feedback here.
Jpeg404

Customization suggestion

Hi there I've been tracking the progress of the game and I must say it looks fantastic. I know this has been brought up in the past but I was curious on what the customization may look like. I was wondering if there would be a system where we could create a character in a sense with things such as unit patches, goggle, vest and other items that would have been used during this time period. Can't wait for the release. Keep up the good work.
AmperCamper
Community Manager

Re: Customization suggestion

Thanks for the suggestion, and welcome to the forums!

Customization is fairly limited, with players being given a specific loadout based on their assigned role. These loadouts are deeply rooted in the stories that have been shared with us. There may be an opportunity to flex smaller pieces of equipment, but as it stands now: you have a specific kit that the fireteam depends on.
KoishiVibe

AmperCamper wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 4:15 pm These loadouts are deeply rooted in the stories that have been shared with us. There may be an opportunity to flex smaller pieces of equipment, but as it stands now: you have a specific kit that the fireteam depends on.
so uh, kind of a necro but

question. what kind of thing are we going with here? like, SITREP USMC Weapons implies your fighter is going to be a little bit of some random dude. i think potentially a balance here might be struck by setting up a premission gearing screen. attachies and other bits of gear can be equipped from a semi randomized pool, abstracting as you said, how some units might have no optics at all, while others might look more at home as SF with how heavily their weapons are set up.

though yeah to a significant extent, modern standardization cuts into the idea of customization. though i have heard stuff about squad leaders having some leeway in determining what their unit fields, ie SOP for ammo carried, optic type, etc. might be more of a modern thing tho.
Dague

KoishiVibe wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 11:29 am
AmperCamper wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 4:15 pm These loadouts are deeply rooted in the stories that have been shared with us. There may be an opportunity to flex smaller pieces of equipment, but as it stands now: you have a specific kit that the fireteam depends on.
so uh, kind of a necro but

question. what kind of thing are we going with here? like, SITREP USMC Weapons implies your fighter is going to be a little bit of some random dude. i think potentially a balance here might be struck by setting up a premission gearing screen. attachies and other bits of gear can be equipped from a semi randomized pool, abstracting as you said, how some units might have no optics at all, while others might look more at home as SF with how heavily their weapons are set up.

though yeah to a significant extent, modern standardization cuts into the idea of customization. though i have heard stuff about squad leaders having some leeway in determining what their unit fields, ie SOP for ammo carried, optic type, etc. might be more of a modern thing tho.
Back in 2004 you got what was available. You didn’t have the ability to take a M68 or EOTech over the ACOG. You were honestly lucky to receive anything. Some Marine units didn’t even have NODs and had to use flares. Plus in 2004, the standard rifle for all Marine 0311s was a M16 A4 with iron sights..that’s it.