Helmets don't quite look right?

Share suggestions and feedback here.
CaptainCleanoff

Helmets don't quite look right?

Maybe it's just me, but do the helmets as depicted look slightly odd? Could the mods pass this on to the art team and ask them to give the helmets/uniforms another pass (if they are able), and look at some more reference images of how they looked on Marines in Iraq/Afghanistan, during the period, because they just look slightly odd to me, maybe to low around ears/sides. Also, on the back of the helmet, where the helmet would meet the nape of the neck when looking up, it is not a flat edge, rather it curves up slightly. Maybe I'm just being overly critical, but accuracy, in a game like this is important. Also, perhaps give the Marine uniforms some more wear and tear, because they do not reflect the imagery of the battle and the dust, sweat and grime their gear was covered with. Honestly, I think the original version of the game from back 2009ish actually had slightly better/more accurate uniform depiction.

The following video on Youtube gives a good overview of the differences and where the current art team should make some changes for better accuracy.

Also, this GettyImages link ( https://www.gettyimages.com.au/photos/a ... ostpopular) has heaps of pictures from Fallujah of both Army and Marines, but gives a great look at what the uniforms and the extra gear they carried looked like. Thanks, and I hope this feedback is taken into consideration, I just want the most accurate depiction possible, and as a History Major, accuracy is pretty important for this kind of project!
Last edited by CaptainCleanoff on Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CdL 24

Re: Helmets don't quite look right?

You're absolutley right, the USMC lightweight helmet and the helmets these guys are wearing look almost nothing alike. It's not just the helmets though, their gear in general seems off. They have the correct digis for the time but their plate carriers, pouches, just about everything about them screams "generic army guys". The Marines had a very distinct look during that battle, without that look being completed, the game wont feel complete either.
Eseicos

I agree with these comments on how uniforms and equipment are recreated. In the real photos and videos, the wear of the uniform, dust, some breakage, stains, etc ... In addition, they all carry very similar equipment, in reality some carried more backpacks than others, the ammunition carrier, for example. There was also the radio operator and the doctor, all differentiated with their corresponding equipment. The weapons were filling with dust, too. I know the game is in development, but I would like these details to be reflected, fantastic series for immersion. Regards.
AmperCamper
Community Manager

Thanks for the feedback on this guys. There has been some lengthy feedback already on the topic, and we appreciate it!

Sent to the team.
staropal0972

Weren't the Marines and Soldiers in early Iraq rocking the interceptor flak vests? I agree for a game being promoted as being historically accurate it should include that, rather than the newer modular tactical vests. The proportions look a bit bit off when compared to the original. I just had to pick out some of these, since the game is getting closer to release, and having the devs give the uniform/proportions another pass may service the game well.