Freeing Weapon from Camera Perspective Axis - Dust Question

Share suggestions and feedback here.
aggimajera

Freeing Weapon from Camera Perspective Axis - Dust Question

1.)

One of the things I see in the gameplay footage is how when the camera moves quickly, the weapon model in the players hand remains fixed in place. In many shooters these days, when the camera is moved, the weapon either leads the movement of the camera, or lags slightly behind.

The best example I can think of to visualize this is Killzone 2. When the camera moves, the rifle lags behind and resumes a resting position upon the camera ceasing movement. Perhaps this game might benefit from such a feature? Any sort of detail that makes the camera seem like a pair of eyes rather than a camera might be benficial. Its a small detail, but one that might be worth a suggestion!

2.)

Another small note: has any thought been given to any sort of effect when entering really dusty areas? Like the frame getting dirty around the edges? Or even having the player character cough a bit? Dust is seriously a bitch on the lungs and eyes.
TacticalJunkie

Re: Freeing Weapon from Camera Perspective Axis - Dust Question

Your probably thinking of having an aiming deadzone
staropal0972

Re: Freeing Weapon from Camera Perspective Axis - Dust Question

I second the latter part, about adding more detail toward smoke/dust reactions. Why has nobody brought this up until now?