Picking up Insurgent Weapons

Share suggestions and feedback here.
VoidZ

Picking up Insurgent Weapons

I feel like After you ran out of ammo (idk if its talked about yet but your weapon jams or has a heavy malfunction you cant clear instantly) would be super helpful instead of instantly having to go to a secondary or stuff like that.
Kean_1

Re: Picking up Insurgent Weapons

VoidZ wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 11:46 pm I feel like After you ran out of ammo (idk if its talked about yet but your weapon jams or has a heavy malfunction you cant clear instantly) would be super helpful instead of instantly having to go to a secondary or stuff like that.
There are no weapon jams that I know of planned for the game but as for picking up insurgent weapons, Amper recently responded to this in another thread:
AmperCamper wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 9:46 am Thanks for checking up on this.

We don't have immediate plans to support picking up Insurgent weapons, despite there being the exception you shared. It was simply too uncommon from the stories that have been shared with us. And, using these weapons could lead to a series of mishaps (the worst case being friendly fire).

We may find a clever way to integrate this later, but this is the plan for now.
Dague

This is not an arcade shooter. Picking up weapons is RARELY ever done overseas. This should not become a feature of the game.
VoidZ

Dague wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 10:42 am This is not an arcade shooter. Picking up weapons is RARELY ever done overseas. This should not become a feature of the game.
Your thinking that picking up Weapons is a arcade shooter Thing to do but its not. The only reason ppl dont pick up weapons because the enemy weapon may not be compatible with their own ammunition, and using an unfamiliar weapon can cause delays and mistakes in combat. However, in certain situations, such as when a soldier is cut off from their supply chain, they may have to resort to using enemy weapons to continue fighting.
Dague

VoidZ wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 10:50 pm
Dague wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 10:42 am This is not an arcade shooter. Picking up weapons is RARELY ever done overseas. This should not become a feature of the game.
Your thinking that picking up Weapons is a arcade shooter Thing to do but its not. The only reason ppl dont pick up weapons because the enemy weapon may not be compatible with their own ammunition, and using an unfamiliar weapon can cause delays and mistakes in combat. However, in certain situations, such as when a soldier is cut off from their supply chain, they may have to resort to using enemy weapons to continue fighting.
Seeing how the game is at most 1-2 blocks of fighting at a time with a resupply available at the AAV, there is no point to pick up enemy weapons.
BobTank63

VoidZ wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 10:50 pm
Not really. From what the devs have gathered there were very few instances of Marines picking up insurgent weapons in Fallujah, and those that did were vulnerable to friendly fire.
aggimajera

Nah, this got discussed before. I used to think maybe it should be included, but I've changed my mind since then. Picking up an AK to use in a situation like that would be impractical and possibly dangerous. Admittedly it would be cool to pick up an RPG left behind to use against insurgents (that happened), but it makes more sense here to just not include it.

The only reason I feel the enemy weapons should be interacted with is disassembly purposes to prevent further use. Like tap "F" to remove bolt type stuff.