Suggestions & Questions (:

Share suggestions and feedback here.
DARKRAIDER7_

Suggestions & Questions (:

Hey from Canada!

First off I just want to say I’m new here and although I’ve read through a significant amount of threads already, some of my questions/suggestions will probably have been answered/asked already or they may be irrelevant or not possible this far into Six Days’ development, so I apologize for any or irrelevance. This one’s a long one so prepare yourself… Thanks!

Seamless gameplay (no loading screens)

I think it would be really cool and also very immersive for the player to not have to wait through loading screens before every new mission as, in reality, a marine wouldn’t just secure a house and then instantly be safe and transported to their next objective. Not sure how this idea of “seamless gameplay” would work practically, but just a thought from a guy who really enjoys hyper realism within video games.

Weapon/Loadout customization

I know that most marines at the time of the battle would’ve been issued a pretty standardized kit (regardless of slight differences due to the timing marines were issued their gear as was mentioned in the SITREP on USMC weapons), but I also know from conversations with my neighbour who was deployed as an infanteer in Iraq in 2004, that many soldiers made modifications to both their issued kit and weapons systems that better fit their personal preferences of how they liked to operate. All this to say: will we see a customization feature for either weapons or kit in Six Days? If so, could you provide some details on how it would work?

Opening Tutorial / Basic Training Experience

I know this has been mentioned before by many in the community, and my opinion is that there definitely should be some sort of intro tutorial of sorts. It would be awesome to see something that sheds light on the basic training experience of marines and soldiers before they are thrown into a combat scenario. This would give players a chance to become familiar with the controls that I’m assuming will need to be second nature once thrown into the actual game, but also achieve a more realistic experience rather than the one that is peddled by so many AAA spray-and-pray, run-and-gun games where the player portrays a character who is thrown into a combat scene and instantly has no fear and has an intimate knowledge of how to operate all the weapons systems available to them, and how to execute complex combat maneuvers without any evidence of ever having learned them.

HUD

Just a quick note on the HUD. From what I’ve seen so far of the gameplay, the limited HUD presence is great to see. I sure hope that is true to what will be in the game at release because it’s fantastic for immersion to have as little hud as possible. Great work!

Story/Mission structure

I know that the focus is to play through the eyes of real people as they narrate the situations they experienced while fighting in the city. I think this is a fantastic idea and I’m sure it will be well executed! I am just worried that the stories may make the game a bit too linear and not very replayable (yes, I’m aware of the PA and GDL being implemented which by the way is so cool to see!) and I’m just wondering if you could give some more info on the game’s structure.

Split screen

I know it’s on the dev’s wish list for post release. Just putting my name in as another person who’s really hoping for it because we all know how hard it is to find a good split screen fps that’s not COD…

Medical mechanics

Again, I know many people have mentioned this but it would be sick to see an in-depth medical system like Arma or Squad.

Difficulty levels

Will there be an option for different levels of difficulty or will it be just a single, low TTK based game like Sandstorm?

Booby trapped doors

It was know to many soldiers that during the battle there were instances of booby-trapped doors by insurgents so they employed other methods of entry to buildings to avoid tripping booby-trapped doors. I think it would be an interesting element to add to the already intense environment of the city. Something to reference would be like what we’ve seen from Ready Or Not.

Radio/Comms

It would be really cool to have the in-game comms be directed from an AI fireteam member radio operator as it would open up the possibility of either the operator being injured or KIA and then the team loosing comms, or the possibility of the radio being destructible and that if it were hit, it would also result in a loss of comms. Just a thought.

QRF

Will we see the implementation of QRF? If so, which scenarios would this happen and would the player control calls for QRF or would it be AI driven?

Overall, I’m really excited for Six Days and regardless of the implementation of anything above, I’m sure it will be fantastic and you’ve definitely got a customer in me! Wishing you guys all the best for this year and keep up the hard work that will all be worth it in the end! Mad respect. (Sorry again for the long message)

Cheers (:
AmperCamper
Community Manager

Re: Suggestions & Questions (:

Welcome to the forums, and thanks for your questions! I'll answer as much as I can:
DARKRAIDER7_ wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 9:22 am Seamless gameplay (no loading screens)

I think it would be really cool and also very immersive for the player to not have to wait through loading screens before every new mission as, in reality, a marine wouldn’t just secure a house and then instantly be safe and transported to their next objective. Not sure how this idea of “seamless gameplay” would work practically, but just a thought from a guy who really enjoys hyper realism within video games.
As cool as this would be, we need loading screens from a technical perspective. However, their implementation will add to the player experience as opposed to being a jarring distraction that displaces the player. We've taken some feedback on this here, and we've got some great ideas!
DARKRAIDER7_ wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 9:22 am Weapon/Loadout customization

I know that most marines at the time of the battle would’ve been issued a pretty standardized kit (regardless of slight differences due to the timing marines were issued their gear as was mentioned in the SITREP on USMC weapons), but I also know from conversations with my neighbour who was deployed as an infanteer in Iraq in 2004, that many soldiers made modifications to both their issued kit and weapons systems that better fit their personal preferences of how they liked to operate. All this to say: will we see a customization feature for either weapons or kit in Six Days? If so, could you provide some details on how it would work?
Yes, most Marines we've spoken with made modifications to their weapons and gear despite being issued similar loadouts. We've consolidated some of these "personal touches" and added them to the game: stocks wrapped in tape, 550 cords, etc. We've noted customization on our community wishlist.
DARKRAIDER7_ wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 9:22 am Opening Tutorial / Basic Training Experience

I know this has been mentioned before by many in the community, and my opinion is that there definitely should be some sort of intro tutorial of sorts. It would be awesome to see something that sheds light on the basic training experience of marines and soldiers before they are thrown into a combat scenario. This would give players a chance to become familiar with the controls that I’m assuming will need to be second nature once thrown into the actual game, but also achieve a more realistic experience rather than the one that is peddled by so many AAA spray-and-pray, run-and-gun games where the player portrays a character who is thrown into a combat scene and instantly has no fear and has an intimate knowledge of how to operate all the weapons systems available to them, and how to execute complex combat maneuvers without any evidence of ever having learned them.
We agree. While our control scheme generally follows a traditional FPS format, there are some unique actions at play here (ie, aiming over the scope versus through it). Perhaps much bigger than this is the challenge of introducing a generation of FPS players (both new and old) to a game based on real-world events. We definitely will have an onboarding process that will show players the "need-to-knows" without repetitive hand-holding.
DARKRAIDER7_ wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 9:22 am Story/Mission structure

I know that the focus is to play through the eyes of real people as they narrate the situations they experienced while fighting in the city. I think this is a fantastic idea and I’m sure it will be well executed! I am just worried that the stories may make the game a bit too linear and not very replayable (yes, I’m aware of the PA and GDL being implemented which by the way is so cool to see!) and I’m just wondering if you could give some more info on the game’s structure.
This is a great question. As far as our single-player campaign goes, mission parameters are set by the subject sharing the story, and it's up to the player to decide how to progress through the mission. Cooperative play does see some story elements, but we're relying on PA and GDL to keep things fresh here.
DARKRAIDER7_ wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 9:22 am Difficulty levels

Will there be an option for different levels of difficulty or will it be just a single, low TTK based game like Sandstorm?
We're still planning one level of difficulty, but we've collected a series of community feedback on this topic. We're very much open to more if you have any, too.
DARKRAIDER7_ wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 9:22 am Booby trapped doors

It was know to many soldiers that during the battle there were instances of booby-trapped doors by insurgents so they employed other methods of entry to buildings to avoid tripping booby-trapped doors. I think it would be an interesting element to add to the already intense environment of the city. Something to reference would be like what we’ve seen from Ready Or Not.
Yes, booby traps are being featured in the game. We haven't taken a deep-dive into these yet, but know that players will most certainly be surprised when coming across these.
DARKRAIDER7_ wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 9:22 am Radio/Comms

It would be really cool to have the in-game comms be directed from an AI fireteam member radio operator as it would open up the possibility of either the operator being injured or KIA and then the team loosing comms, or the possibility of the radio being destructible and that if it were hit, it would also result in a loss of comms. Just a thought.
I'll toss this suggestion to the team. This would certainly add another element that players would have to keep in mind. We'd love to get more thoughts on this!
Wilber sandoval

AmperCamper will we be able to customize our character?
munchuh

DARKRAIDER7_ wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 9:22 am Radio/Comms

I'll toss this suggestion to the team. This would certainly add another element that players would have to keep in mind. We'd love to get more thoughts on this!
Seconded on radio operator, that sounds incredible.
This is a great question. As far as our single-player campaign goes, mission parameters are set by the subject sharing the story, and it's up to the player to decide how to progress through the mission. Cooperative play does see some story elements, but we're relying on PA and GDL to keep things fresh here.
I could just be interpreting this incorrectly, but does this mean there is only the campaign for singeplayer? I want to clarify that singeplayer PA and GDL will be available with just the friendly AI? I want fresh gameplay without the requirements of having friends LOL. This would be perfect for being able to jump into a game and play it through, and staying fresh. Good water cooler gaming.
AmperCamper
Community Manager

Wilber sandoval wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 5:53 pm AmperCamper will we be able to customize our character?
There aren't any immediate plans for customizing character appearance (as you'll be playing as a series of participants from the actual battle).
munchuh wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 11:51 pm I could just be interpreting this incorrectly, but does this mean there is only the campaign for singeplayer? I want to clarify that singeplayer PA and GDL will be available with just the friendly AI? I want fresh gameplay without the requirements of having friends LOL. This would be perfect for being able to jump into a game and play it through, and staying fresh. Good water cooler gaming.
Procedural Architecture is part of the narrative campaign, and the missions will also have global dynamic lighting. But, we don’t plan on changing the time of day dynamically for missions in the narrative campaign since they need to fall into a chronology. Let's also not forget that we're referencing Signature Buildings to retain some geographical authenticity during the campaign. You can play co-op solo with AI, though.
munchuh

Sounds fantastic, thanks Amper! I'm really looking forward to the replay ability of this game, especially with different times in co-op with NVGs and what not.