Weapon mounting/stability

Share suggestions and feedback here.
Tazzadar3

Weapon mounting/stability

In the original gameplay trailer we can see some form of weapon mounting on a wall.
It looks to be a toggle type of mount kind of like in the latest MW games.
I'm curious if this has been worked on more.
Personally I think one game to look at that I think does it the best out of every shooter is Rising Storm 2. The way you can move to a piece of cover and as long as your gun is near a surface (Dirt mounds, walls, trees, tables, etc) it helps with the weapon stability greatly and gives you the freedom of movement without being locked in place. It also feels very immersive, and makes the weapons feel very physical in your hands the way they dynamically rest on surfaces.
I don't know if this is a suggestion that is too late in development but I thought I would put it out there anyways.
Curious if anyone else has played the Red orchestra and Rising storm games, and what you thought of their mounting.
Kean_1

Re: Weapon mounting/stability

I actually like the mounting in CoD MW2 where you can stabilize your weapon against corners, walls / objects, etc. BF2042 did a horrible job by comparison with bipod equipped weapons as I often found myself forgetting or finding out my bipod had been automatically retracted. I think they finally added an icon to make it easier to determine but it was clumsy regardless.

MW2's mechanic works well IMO with just a few tweaks. .....never played RO2 as I gave up PC Gaming when I switched to console years ago. I do miss those types of games though.

As for the limitation in arc, I think there should still be some to a reasonable and realistic extent (e.g. player and weapon collision with objects) but it should be more free than MW2 as the gameplay balance in a PvP game like that doesn't really make as much sense in an SP / coop game like SDiF. ....in other words, I get why they made mounted coverage so limited in MW2 but that shouldn't be the case in SDiF.
AmperCamper
Community Manager

I don't have an update on this yet, but I'll forward the suggestion of a more robust mounting system to the team. Thanks for the comparisons with COD, too!
Tazzadar3

AmperCamper wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 1:16 pm I don't have an update on this yet, but I'll forward the suggestion of a more robust mounting system to the team. Thanks for the comparisons with COD, too!
Thanks for the response, I do know the game was running on unreal engine 3 if that helps. You guys are working on a highly modified version of UE4 if I recall. Not sure how the compatibility works between engines so I don't know if you would have to build that from the ground up yourselves or not. Either way it's great to see the dedication you are all putting into this game. Looking forward to that next sitrep, I'm salivating waiting for it :lol: