Air support and vehicles

Share suggestions and feedback here.
Enthusiast

Air support and vehicles

So I just joined this forum today and I have a lot of questions when it comes to how they will handle air support and vehicles now I'm veryyyyy obsessed with the iraq war and millsims I've done my fair share of research on the second battle of fallujah and when it comes to air support and vehicles my main questions are:Will there be air support from a10 thunderbolts or fighter jets like the f16 or f15 eagle or rotary wing aircraft apaches cobras ac130s b52s or even predator drones.If we do end up getting some of these in the game I wonder how they will handle them in a realistic fashion personally I'm really hoping we get a 10 and apache since there some of my personal favorites from other millsims like insurgency sandstorm and I can't be the only one that wants to hear that BRRRRRRRT right and on the topic ground vehicles like hummves Bradley's and an abrams to provide support whole going to house to house.Im also wondering what other usmc wepons we wil be seeing as there are alot that SHOULD be in the game like the m14 m240 m110 m40 sniper since I remember hearing in a video were in some missions where you are not a US marine and will have the appropriate weapon kits and they want to keep the as accurate as possible then we should see the m14 m240 machine gun and m40 sniper in the hands of marines/player.Anyways with that being said I'm very excited for the game and can't wait for it's release in December for consoles atleast...I hope it does.
Last edited by Enthusiast on Sun Sep 11, 2022 8:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
staropal0972

Re: Air support and vehicles

Enthusiast wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 6:00 pm So I just joined this forum today and I have a lot of questions when it comes to how they will handle air support and vehicles now I'm veryyyyy obsessed with the iraq war and millsims I've done my fair share of research on the second battle of fallujah and when it comes to air support and vehicles my main questions are:Will there be air support from a10 thunderbolts or fighter jets like the f16 or f15 eagle or rotary wing aircraft apaches cobras ac130s b52s or even predator drones.If we do end up getting some of these in the game I wonder how they will handle them in a realistic fashion personally I'm really hoping we get a 10 and apache since there some of my personal favorites from other millsims like insurgency sandstorm and I can't be the only one that wants to hear that BRRRRRRRT right and on the topic ground vehicles like hummves Bradley's and an abrams to provide support whole going to house to house.Im also wondering what other usmc wepons we wil be seeing as there are alot that SHOULD be in the game like the m14 m240 m110 m40 sniper since I remember hearing in a video were in some missions where you are not a US marine and will have the appropriate weapon kits and they want to keep the as accurate as possible then we should see the m14 m240 machine gun and m40 sniper in the hands of marines/player.Anyways with that being said I'm very excited for the game and can't wait for it's release in December for consoles atleast...I hope it does.
I see you came from TheDevilDogGamer. Yes I do believe there will be air/ground support...albeit to an extent.

The original 2009 installment would allow you to call in artillery and air at any given time if I remember correctly, and the community manager AmperCamper has confirmed on the forums that air activity as well as enemy/friendly AI controlling vehicles would be present. But we cannot control vehicles. The original 2009 version to a degree allowed you to however. You can also hear jets fly by in some of the gameplay snippets shown thus far. There is still so much more to be revealed and I'm equally as excited as you are on this.
Enthusiast

Hey man thanks for replying to my post bro sorry for if it was bit hard to read looking back there were quite a few grammatical errors but anyways yeah I've just sort of had these questions for a while and only just learned that the website and forums existed since when the game was delayed last year I sort of just lost interest until recently I decided to see how the game was doing and was a bit worried to see that we haven't really given us anything new to look at since last summer and how they haven't been giving us consistent updates on the games progress,if the games does get delayed I'll be disappointed but if it means the game will improve in the long run then that's fine by me.
AmperCamper
Community Manager

Welcome to the forums, and thanks for all the questions. As far as weapons go, I've replied to your other thread.
staropal0972 wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 9:26 pm The original 2009 installment would allow you to call in artillery and air at any given time if I remember correctly, and the community manager AmperCamper has confirmed on the forums that air activity as well as enemy/friendly AI controlling vehicles would be present. But we cannot control vehicles.
Correct, some ambient air activity has already been presented in our SITREPs and vehicles are controlled by AI at the moment. Air support plays a more important role during the single-player campaign than multiplayer right now. I want to remind everyone that our focus is fireteam operations, and most units did not have access to battalion/division assets. With that being said, there were some exceptions. Thank you, staro!