Share suggestions and feedback here.
staropal0972

I believe at this point most of us know the game, or at least the full experience isn't coming out this year, just by telling the consistency between receiving updates (once bi-monthly we get SITREPs), and being us reminded of the release date.

Is the current plan to instead host an early access-esque version of SDIF, like Ready or Not is? Possibly Q4 2022 or Q1 2023? The game is going to require at least a few months of play testing in order to receive feedback and iron out any bugs we encounter, it cannot be done in 1-2 months I feel.

To me, the phrase "beta" seems to be translating towards a Steam early access period, with PC being first, then consoles having its own early access later. The Discord server appears to also be pending on the to-do list from what it seems in the current situation, this I feel could be extremely useful as a hub for us to report bugs or provide feedback as we test. I'm once again wishing you guys the best for this project, and allow you to take your time with it.
Blade0351

Re: 2023

Yeah unless they pull a fully finished version of the game out at the last moment of Q4, I feel like it's going to get pushed once again. While I understand they want to release a finished product, constantly pushing back the release date isn't a good look. At the first trailer dropped over a year ago. And we have yet to have a full gameplay trailer like that since and the SITREPS, while awesome and informative, aren't that. Plus, I've seen ZERO marketing. You would think that would be kicked up by now with test going on if they really want to launch the full game. I personally would hate an unfinished launch. Asking people to cough up $60-70 for an unfinished project is kind of BS and more and more studios have been doing it.

All that said, I do wish all the success for this game but it's really hard to believe they'll stick to what they said and give us a fully finished game in Q4.
aggimajera

I started to believe earlier this year with the amount of content that was getting released that Six Days was a product not in a presentable state. Given how close we are to the end of the year with no substantial information or even a new trailer, I've resigned myself to one of two things: delay, or (god forbid) early access.

I hope to Christ that Highwire does not go the early access route. As much as I love games like Ready or Not or even Hell Let Loose, early access is the worst invention and trope to come out of video games in recent memory. Look at DayZ. While it was fun, it was a broken mess. No promised systems were in place, and it was only as the player base was gone that it began to improve. Its better now, but we've all moved on. Hell Let Loose doesn't even have a party system in place ffs. It's an excellent scheme to only partially make a game and make a profit. Early Access is a son of a bitch, and I loath its existence.

Six Days cannot go the early access route. There is far too much riding on this for it to be mired in controversy over releasing such an important product in an unfinished state. Theirs would be a chorus which, sad as it would make me, I would join in a heartbeat. You can't put yourselves out there as the teller of the uncomfortable stories then release an unfinished game. These are the stories of men in the worst times of their lives, putting themselves out there to have their experiences imparted onto us in a way that can help us empathize. To have the developer of this game release on Day 1 in any other way except finished would make one wonder if the developer should have taken it up in the first place. Apologies, but there it is. People don't release their war memoirs on draft #1 then promise to tighten up the grammar later.

I fully support this game and its developers. I want them to succeed here and I'm rooting for them. But for the love of God, if the game isn't going to make it for a full release in 2022 then just say so. Delay the game and keep crunching. Everyone would understand. If Highwire released a project like Six Days in Fallujah unfinished that would be absolutely tragic.
staropal0972

aggimajera wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 4:07 pm I started to believe earlier this year with the amount of content that was getting released that Six Days was a product not in a presentable state. Given how close we are to the end of the year with no substantial information or even a new trailer, I've resigned myself to one of two things: delay, or (god forbid) early access.

I hope to Christ that Highwire does not go the early access route. As much as I love games like Ready or Not or even Hell Let Loose, early access is the worst invention and trope to come out of video games in recent memory. Look at DayZ. While it was fun, it was a broken mess. No promised systems were in place, and it was only as the player base was gone that it began to improve. Its better now, but we've all moved on. Hell Let Loose doesn't even have a party system in place ffs. It's an excellent scheme to only partially make a game and make a profit. Early Access is a son of a bitch, and I loath its existence.

Six Days cannot go the early access route. There is far too much riding on this for it to be mired in controversy over releasing such an important product in an unfinished state. Theirs would be a chorus which, sad as it would make me, I would join in a heartbeat. You can't put yourselves out there as the teller of the uncomfortable stories then release an unfinished game. These are the stories of men in the worst times of their lives, putting themselves out there to have their experiences imparted onto us in a way that can help us empathize. To have the developer of this game release on Day 1 in any other way except finished would make one wonder if the developer should have taken it up in the first place. Apologies, but there it is. People don't release their war memoirs on draft #1 then promise to tighten up the grammar later.

I fully support this game and its developers. I want them to succeed here and I'm rooting for them. But for the love of God, if the game isn't going to make it for a full release in 2022 then just say so. Everyone would understand. If Highwire released a project like Six Days in Fallujah unfinished that would be absolutely tragic.
I see your point. I shared similar concerns last year, and even vocally voiced my complaints about the lack of news (before SITREPs were revealed to be a thing). Personally I feel mixed about early access but I perfectly understand those, like you, who believe it to be detrimental to the game's reputation. I too, urge Highwire and Victura to think twice before launching into early access. You've really changed my perceptions on this kind of idea, and I thank you for it.
aggimajera

staropal0972 wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 4:19 pm
aggimajera wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 4:07 pm I started to believe earlier this year with the amount of content that was getting released that Six Days was a product not in a presentable state. Given how close we are to the end of the year with no substantial information or even a new trailer, I've resigned myself to one of two things: delay, or (god forbid) early access.

I fully support this game and its developers. I want them to succeed here and I'm rooting for them. But for the love of God, if the game isn't going to make it for a full release in 2022 then just say so. Everyone would understand. If Highwire released a project like Six Days in Fallujah unfinished that would be absolutely tragic.
I see your point. I shared similar concerns last year, and even vocally voiced my complaints about the lack of news (before SITREPs were revealed to be a thing). Personally I feel mixed about early access but I perfectly understand those, like you, who believe it to be detrimental to the game's reputation. I too, urge Highwire and Victura to think twice before launching into early access. You've really changed my perceptions on this kind of idea, and I thank you for it.
I'm thankful I was able to articulate what I felt properly. Thank you for reading.
I also hate to be an armchair warrior on this. The risks and development of Six Days is not my burden to bear, you know? But I'd hate to see the development of Six Days in Fallujah come to an end that way. It deserves more than that, as do the Civilians, Marines, Soldiers, Airmen, and Sailors who lost something in Fallujah. Its a tragic, human story entrusted to Highwire that cannot be relegated to yet another Early Access half-baked deformity.