Gun leaning

Share suggestions and feedback here.
jonas

Gun leaning

:idea: Would you guys please consider adding gun leaning if it’s not already in the game? it’s one of my favorite tactics in fps to peak corners and get better positioning makes the movement in games feel more real as well in my opinion. edit: i just rewatched a few gameplay trailers and it looks like it’s an automatic move around corners. I understand it, but it would be much better tactical expierence for the player if it’s manual, makes it more realistic as you can pie corners and doorways.If you guys can get the pie’ing corners and doorways right it will make the expierence of breaching houses and clearing rooms 10X more satisfying.
BadKarma

Re: Gun leaning

Well, I'll share my two cents, Manual leaning is nice to have on PC but for console/controller players, If the implementation is great, I'd much prefer Auto to Manual, I never liked manual leaning on console, that's just my opinion, though.
jonas

Have you played insurgency sandstorm? i’m on console as well and their leaning mechanic is very nice, it’s with the right and left stick, u just push it down while aiming and lean to the side you press.
Very nice for going wide around corners, and pieing rooms thru doorways. Insurgency sandstorm is the only game on console to get that tactic to right.
Last edited by jonas on Sat Aug 20, 2022 6:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
BadKarma

I tried it, it's the same input system as Rainbow Six Siege, it's an ok leaning way to accomodote for controllers but as I've said, I mostly prefer automatic whenever the game has one, especially if the implementation is great. Controllers have few buttons as is and reducing the number of inputs is greatly appreciated by me.
Kean_1

I'd prefer a choice if the mechanic were to be implemented. .....auto or manual.
Blade0351

Manual would be best. I remember that Medal Of Honor (when the revamped it) had a decent lean control. Manual allows you to lean when you're further away from the corner to get better angles instead of only being able to it when within close proximity to a wall. At least from what I've seen in games.
AmperCamper
Community Manager

Thanks for all the feedback on this! We plan to feature both auto and manual lean, keeping in mind this is subject to change.
BadKarma

That would be the best course of action, thanks for the answer Amper.
BadKarma

By the way, sorry for being pedantic, but another reason on why I don't like Leaning being Manual is because it encourages spamming the peak function around every corner, granted this is more of an individual case as not every person knows when and where to employ it, but I'd prefer not to abuse game mechanics, especially in this game.
jonas

well if it’s manual it’s up to you to use it or not, so u don’t have to if u don’t want and everybody else that wants it can enjoy the function, If you have the option between the 2 in settings like they said that would be the best so we could both be happy