The bullet marks on helmets and bulletproof vests

Share suggestions and feedback here.
Carthago Nova

The bullet marks on helmets and bulletproof vests

I´ve seen in many games the bullet marks on helmets and bulletproof vests, and in occasions, there´s nothing or it´s strange (stopping the bullets when the character is alive, but when it dies, the bullet just pierces trough armor and the wound it´s visible when never should be visible)
Here are some examples of what they would look like:
://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWY5o5I4nTQ&lis ... =9&t=760s-
://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvFAfuZmx6c&lis ... =4&t=1169s

And here´s a better example:
://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfzGwNB15ms&lis ... ex=31&t=3s
(it can be a sensitive content, so watch it at your own risk) (and please, don´t forget to add https at the beginning of each link, it don´t let me put the full link)

That would be all, I apologize for my bad english and if I have to delete my post for any reason, I will do it
AmperCamper
Community Manager

Re: The bullet marks on helmets and bulletproof vests

No apologies needed. Thanks for sharing these references and giving a heads up on content warning.

You guys can expect location-specific blood. There are many challenges associated with bullet holes, and so these are less likely. Still, we're adding these videos to our archive.
valentinbk

AmperCamper wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 8:32 am No apologies needed. Thanks for sharing these references and giving a heads up on content warning.

You guys can expect location-specific blood. There are many challenges associated with bullet holes, and so these are less likely. Still, we're adding these videos to our archive.
I hope that's a blood soaked area\splatter at the spot where the bullet impacted rather than pre made variations for face\torso\each limb.
If it basically looks like this at the spot the character was hit that's more than enough
Carthago Nova

thanks for the time u take to read it!
Carthago Nova

I hope that too, if the blood will be like that, will be enough to be good
PD: I follow u in youtube since a few years, it´s a pleasure ahaha
Raven

AmperCamper wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 8:32 am You guys can expect location-specific blood. [...].
I hope that they is dynamic blood, depending on the impact point/angle/armor/distance which will result in a different amount.

AmperCamper wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 8:32 am [...] There are many challenges associated with bullet holes, and so these are less likely. [...]
Technical challenging maybe, but it would surely add to the realism. I hope that if you do not manage to implement it before the release you could provide this in an expansion later on.

Also on the terms of blood. The following things should be also kept into consideration
  • Dynamic bleeding out
  • Interaction with dirty, sand, the ground and other objects, dynamic blood tracks when dragging wounded soldiers, bloody footsteps. Bloody shell casings and magazines when dropping in the blood pool. Subtle splatters when objects collides with it. In other terms physical behaviour of blood, worthy of Next-Gen
valentinbk

One more thing on this topic, made this video with Six Days in Fallujah (among other games) in mind