Bullet Mechanics, flight path, Ricochet

Share suggestions and feedback here.
Trood

Bullet Mechanics, flight path, Ricochet

Bullet Mechanics

-Origination: When a bullet is fired please confirm the bullet originates/leaves from the barrel rather than, the sight/optic or tip of the head (COD 🤮🤮🤮 has used both sight and tip of the head) The reason I ask is if peaking cover and the barrel is not clear the bullet should impact the obstruction. Of course we can discuss minor Destruction, such as a fragment of the wall being destroyed, ultimately “clearing the obstruction, but if I remember correctly, there will not be complete destruction with in the game.

Flight Path- Bullet Drop, & Ricochet

Bullet Drop: I would like to see bullet drop if there are distant engagements. I understand A majority of these engagements are close quarters. With that being said Is bullet drop confirmed, in discussion, or entirely Omitted?

Ricochet: This is more of a complex thing to add, but from Urban Warfare training I have received, we were instructed to not hug the wall, ensure a gap. If the wall was soft and the bullet hit the wall at say less 45* there was a good chance the bullet would carry along the wall. If the wall was hard, say tile, or cinder block there was a possibility of the bullet path with slight deviation. This is a science and being wishful but this would help people understand the uncertainty of cover and the misconception of being safe. Of course if the interviews you conducted did not mention this by all means disregard.
AmperCamper
Community Manager

Re: Bullet Mechanics, flight path, Ricochet

Trood wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:48 pm -Origination: When a bullet is fired please confirm the bullet originates/leaves from the barrel rather than, the sight/optic or tip of the head (COD 🤮🤮🤮 has used both sight and tip of the head) The reason I ask is if peaking cover and the barrel is not clear the bullet should impact the obstruction. Of course we can discuss minor Destruction, such as a fragment of the wall being destroyed, ultimately “clearing the obstruction, but if I remember correctly, there will not be complete destruction with in the game.
Confirming that bullets do fire from the barrel, not the sight by design. And, your barrel will face downward if the weapon is blocked to avoid that long standing FPS issue of firing into cover without players realizing it.

As for ricochet and bullet drop: it's important to remember that the primary focus of Six Days is CQB. Bullet drop isn't much of a factor when house clearing, and bullet penetration becomes more relevant. With that being said, bullet drop is not off the table if there's a situation that calls for it. Also, adding ricochet to suggestions!