SDiF and INS:S as opposing edges of one stick

Share suggestions and feedback here.
Winchester96

SDiF and INS:S as opposing edges of one stick

I've read some topics and it looks like we aren't gonna have too many guns to choose from, and I completely understand it. That's why I like source-engine insurgency more than Sandstorm. Damn, in new insurgency you can pick AS VAL, P90, Qbz-97 or have a collimator and laser attached on makarov while playing as an insurgent. The most disgusting thing is that fanbase likes it and every new update kills "Greedy modern middle eastern conflict" atmosphere of insurgency sandstorm and nobody cares about it.

But I dont want SDiF to be completely on the opposite side in this aspect. I won't mind if we will run the whole story with m16a4 only. But if we get some sort of a co-op, sandbox or pvp mode, how about shrinking arsenal a bit further and add SCAR, MK12, XM1014, M40(bolty rifle)more AR family guns (car-15 maybe)? I think these guys are some sort of lore friendly and won't ruin the immersion.

It's only a suggestion tho
BadKarma

Re: SDiF and INS:S as opposing edges of one stick

The original Insurgency, that is referring to the original mod that came out in 2007 AKA Modern Infantry Combat, was even more strict in its weapon roster, despite that, all the weapons included in the game made sense for the conflict. The weapon sounds were better than Source too, they were close to what we have seen recently in Ready or Not.

That's how I'm guessing SDIF will be. Even something as minor as a Kobra sight was left out in that game, so far all the equipment depicted seems to be headed in the right direction.

I have no problem playing with a decent variety of weapons, as long as they make sense within the context (although I am doubtful of sniper rifles being included here).

But like I said in the Ready or Not topic, optimization is something that many people appreciate and must be balanced properly, which I have no doubt the developers behind Six Days will pull off.
staropal0972

I'd quite honestly say Sandstorm is off the spectrum and not as authentic or realistic as people out there say. But the original MIC mod and standalone game were more authentic in that sense, and I do want SDIF to shine in that department. It is after all the devs' and publisher's mission to create the most authentic shooter to date. Although i'm not harping on Sandstorm being a bad game, it is just not a game to look up to for realism and authenticity.
aggimajera

staropal0972 wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 12:56 pm I'd quite honestly say Sandstorm is off the spectrum and not as authentic or realistic as people out there say. But the original MIC mod and standalone game were more authentic in that sense, and I do want SDIF to shine in that department. It is after all the devs' and publisher's mission to create the most authentic shooter to date. Although i'm not harping on Sandstorm being a bad game, it is just not a game to look up to for realism and authenticity.
Agreed. Games, particularly FPS PvP ones, tend to start off more grounded in their content. Over time, however, they become more in line with the F2P models and become more cartoony and ridiculous. Counter-Strike and Rainbow Six are two prime examples of games that I simply don't recognize anymore. The content has warped into concepts far removed from their original vision and the communities have evolved. Sandstorm isn't quite the same caliber as those ones (as I admit, I still love it to death), but I can see it has oriented itself that general direction with the weapons customization and events.

I feel we can rest assured, Six Days will not go that route. As for the fewer weapons models, I'm totally down with carrying the same sorts of firearms. Every Marines weapon has slight, slight differences such as the inclusion of foregrips or grip pods, rail covers, or the placement of PEQ's and optics on the railing. If we rolled with A4's, 249's, and the occasional M4 that would be fine in my book. No one ever lamented the lack of variety in firearms in the infantry. We were just glad to have them. Besides, if you wanted variety you should have joined the weapons platoons.
AmperCamper
Community Manager

Winchester96 wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 10:51 am But if we get some sort of a co-op, sandbox or pvp mode, how about shrinking arsenal a bit further and add SCAR, MK12, XM1014, M40(bolty rifle)more AR family guns (car-15 maybe)?
While we don't have any news on adversarial multiplayer, co-op multiplayer is confirmed.

We also haven't announced specific loadouts yet, but there are three takeaways (some of which you guys have already touched on):
  1. Loadouts will absolutely be a representation of what was used in the battle.
  2. There is more flexibility in co-op loadouts based on very specific examples we’ve been given. There's more to unpack here, perhaps in a future SITREP.
  3. Regarding CS and R6: We agree, and we want everyone to know this is so far off from our vision for Six Days that it's not even remotely on the table.
Thanks for all the discussions on this! Comparisons are fantastic feedback for us as we identify what works specifically for the Six Days community. From what I've gathered so far, we don't seem to be off the mark.