Loading Screen

Share suggestions and feedback here.
NotTodayWillJ

Loading Screen

I do believe that the loading screen should include many different facts about many topics, such as the city of Fallujah, US Forces at the time in Fallujah/Operation Phantom Fury, general facts about the war on terror and 2nd Battle of Fallujah.
Maybe even the use of documentary/interview footage while your game loads or before you begin your game. Even combat footage.
For Example
Fact about the insurgents:
Example 4.jpg
Example 4.jpg (162.56 KiB) Viewed 2862 times
Fact about the US Forces:
Example 5.jpg
Example 5.jpg (146.33 KiB) Viewed 2862 times
Fact about the image itself:
Example 3 (1).jpg
Example 3 (1).jpg (183.67 KiB) Viewed 2862 times
Along with that, the use of music, depending on weather it be music that was used at the time or music made for the game
Last edited by NotTodayWillJ on Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Unknown0351

Re: Loading Screen

The first photo’s description is incorrect, the 2nd Battle of Fallujah was not the first US engagement with insurgents. There was the 1st Battle of Fallujah not only during the April siege but after when we (2/1) held TCP entering the city, there was also Sadr City in Bagdad, Ramadi, and Najaf.

And the second photo’s description should be changed to regimental combat team (RTC 1 and RTC 7) not just regiment. Because the Marine battalions that sweep through Fallujah in November were actually part of different regiments. So 3/5 is 3rd battalion 5th Marine regiment, 3/1 is 3rd battalion 1st Marine regiment, 1/8 is 1st battalion 8th Marine regiment, and 1/3 is 1st battalion 3rd Marine regiment.
Blade0351

Unknown0351 wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 2:09 pm The first photo’s description is incorrect, the 2nd Battle of Fallujah was not the first US engagement with insurgents. There was the 1st Battle of Fallujah not only during the April siege but after when we (2/1) held TCP entering the city, there was also Sadr City in Bagdad, Ramadi, and Najaf.

And the second photo’s description should be changed to regimental combat team (RTC 1 and RTC 7) not just regiment. Because the Marine battalions that sweep through Fallujah in November were actually part of different regiments. So 3/5 is 3rd battalion 5th Marine regiment, 3/1 is 3rd battalion 1st Marine regiment, 1/8 is 1st battalion 8th Marine regiment, and 1/3 is 1st battalion 3rd Marine regiment.
I think the OP just grabbed images offline and posted them as an example. If he was the one who did the captions, go read more. If not, whoever wrote them needs to read more because you're right about the captions being wrong. That said, I like his idea of having facts and pictures during a loading screen.
NotTodayWillJ

Blade0351 wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 4:13 pm
Unknown0351 wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 2:09 pm The first photo’s description is incorrect, the 2nd Battle of Fallujah was not the first US engagement with insurgents. There was the 1st Battle of Fallujah not only during the April siege but after when we (2/1) held TCP entering the city, there was also Sadr City in Bagdad, Ramadi, and Najaf.

I think the OP just grabbed images offline and posted them as an example. If he was the one who did the captions, go read more. If not, whoever wrote them needs to read more because you're right about the captions being wrong. That said, I like his idea of having facts and pictures during a loading screen.
Noted, will make edits later, was just reading off wikipedia, my bad.
aggimajera

NotTodayWillJ wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:49 am
Blade0351 wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 4:13 pm

Noted, will make edits later, was just reading off wikipedia, my bad.
Don't sweat it man. Your intent came across clear, and proper implementation of these images will clear up confusion.
AmperCamper
Community Manager

Seeing this topic from you guys gets me very excited, as loading screens are typically overlooked or ignored as players are impatiently waiting to dive into the action.

We've had (and continue to have) many internal conversations on the implementation of loading screens for Six Days.

We have some creative ideas, and we'll definitely add these to the list. Thank you!