Taking Notes on the Recent Ready or Not Update

Share suggestions and feedback here.
Tan_47

Taking Notes on the Recent Ready or Not Update

I was wondering if you guys are keeping tabs on Ready or Not recently.

Just last week, Void Interactive finally updated the game and is receiving positive reviews from many tactical shooter fans.

AmperCamper
Community Manager

Re: Taking Notes on the Recent Ready or Not Update

Watching some content on this as we speak!

Pick out some specifics for us. What stands out the most?
Tan_47

AmperCamper wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:19 pm Watching some content on this as we speak!

Pick out some specifics for us. What stands out the most?
I suppose one of the biggest features that stood out the most for me was the different ways the player could breach the door. If remember correctly, you mention that this was going to be a part of the game in some fashion.
Other details include the ability to lean at any moment and the challenge in distinguishing between a civilian and a hostile; It makes the game more intense.
I also like how the game the game penalizes you for shooting a civilian (lower score). That should keep trigger happy players from wildly firing bullets and be more cautious in general.

On top of that, the sound design is tremendous. Gunshots are loud and deafening. Players could also hear footsteps if they're listening carefully.

Those are just some of the features that stood out for me.
AmperCamper
Community Manager

Tan_47 wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:44 pm I suppose one of the biggest features that stood out the most for me was the different ways the player could breach the door. If remember correctly, you mention that this was going to be a part of the game in some fashion.
Yes, there will be multiple ways to breach!
Tan_47 wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:44 pm Other details include the ability to lean at any moment and the challenge in distinguishing between a civilian and a hostile; It makes the game more intense.
I also like how the game the game penalizes you for shooting a civilian (lower score). That should keep trigger happy players from wildly firing bullets and be more cautious in general.
Engaging a civilian is still mission failure in Six Days, and the lighting (or lack thereof) inside buildings poses many challenges for the player.
Tan_47 wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:44 pm On top of that, the sound design is tremendous. Gunshots are loud and deafening. Players could also hear footsteps if they're listening carefully.
Audio plays a significant role in our project. This could potentially be another SITREP down the road, but for now: there is most definitely a fear factor at play.
Tan_47

Sounds promising, Amber!

I understand why you guys are deciding on putting a 'Game Over' when civilians are harmed considering the current reception of the game.

On another note, here's a video on Ready or Not's weapon sound and reload animations that I thought the team would be interested in:
BadKarma

Curiously enough, RON doesn't have a going prone feature, because it takes place in mostly prominent CQB environments, I wonder if Six Days is the same as well.
AmperCamper
Community Manager

Appreciate all the feedback! Having some team discussions on this.
BadKarma wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 8:27 am Curiously enough, RON doesn't have a going prone feature, because it takes place in mostly prominent CQB environments, I wonder if Six Days is the same as well.
No plans for prone right now.
NotTodayWillJ

BadKarma wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 8:27 am Curiously enough, RON doesn't have a going prone feature, because it takes place in mostly prominent CQB environments, I wonder if Six Days is the same as well.
I'd hope for there to be one, considering that for good accuracy of things such as light machine guns and use of good cover with lower objects, you should be able to use a prone mechanic.
BadKarma

Ready or Not's performance is really good, there's a few hiccups here and there regarding the flashlights and mirrors but other than that, the devs really did their work.

My only wish is for Six Days to follow suit, The game didn't leave behind other users when it comes to stability and that is good for it's reputation and sales too.