I know but....

Share suggestions and feedback here.
WeaponX

I know but....

Here is the deal....I know you guys have a lot on your plate....but your last press release was on September 8th. You said in that press release:

"Of course, in hindsight, I think we should have been posting more assets from the game so you, our community, can see some of our progress. We plan to begin a Developer Diary sometime after we make bigger announcements about timing and progress." - Peter Tamte

I think the developers need to be more forthcoming on what is going on with this project. In that press release you gave us two pictures of an area very similar to the trailer that was already released. My fear is that this project will die off without a community of people that support you and show interest in having the game released. No matter what you do it will end up in the news media, people will cry about it, so on and so forth...Give us a bone to chew on for a bit.

I have literally been following this project from Day 1 and was following it back in the Day. I am someone who played Close Combat: First to Fight on the original Xbox which was developed by Atomic games the father of this game. I feel like the same thing that plagued the Original Six Days in Fallujah is bound to happen here without community support.

That is all.
Kean_1

Re: I know but....

There's a significant difference in this scenario than other failed projects in that they continue to interact with the community here in the forums. .....so it's not as if there is no community support.

I've been lurking here for quite some time and it hasn't escaped me that folks like AmperCamper continue to answer questions and respond to feedback. If it wasn't for that I might agree with you, but that's simply not the case.

Obviously, anything can happen but there is nothing I've seen in their responses here that leads me to believe they are ready to abandon this game. Quite the opposite in fact.

This game is a bit of a unique situation and I understand them being perhaps a bit more strategic about how/when/where they release more details about the status of the project, etc.

Besides, it's only been a month and they explained the situation.
WeaponX

Kean_1 wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:55 pm There's a significant difference in this scenario than other failed projects in that they continue to interact with the community here in the forums. .....so it's not as if there is no community support.

I've been lurking here for quite some time and it hasn't escaped me that folks like AmperCamper continue to answer questions and respond to feedback. If it wasn't for that I might agree with you, but that's simply not the case.

Obviously, anything can happen but there is nothing I've seen in their responses here that leads me to believe they are ready to abandon this game. Quite the opposite in fact.

This game is a bit of a unique situation and I understand them being perhaps a bit more strategic about how/when/where they release more details about the status of the project, etc.

Besides, it's only been a month and they explained the situation.
While fundamentally I agree...they still need to start building community hype...I log in pretty frequently to check the forums for updates even though I only post once and a blue moon...I just want to have something to be hype about. There is almost little to no communication with the studio outside of the community manager. It would be nice if they started showing us some additional stuff for the game. "More news will be released in the coming weeks" has been the go to phrase for the last few months....It's been weeks and we still haven't received any actual updates.
AmperCamper
Community Manager

WeaponX wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:39 am While fundamentally I agree...they still need to start building community hype...I log in pretty frequently to check the forums for updates even though I only post once and a blue moon...I just want to have something to be hype about. There is almost little to no communication with the studio outside of the community manager. It would be nice if they started showing us some additional stuff for the game. "More news will be released in the coming weeks" has been the go to phrase for the last few months....It's been weeks and we still haven't received any actual updates.
Thanks for being open about your frustration with us. As a whole, we agree that we could've done a better job keeping you guys looped in on progress. And, we are very much aware of the gap since our last announcement. But, if there's anything I'd like as a takeaway from this thread, it's that there are so many moving components happening internally that connect just about everything we do. And, given the unique nature of Six Days, there are even more challenges.

We have no intention of closing shop and leaving Six Days on the backburner. And, we recognize how vital you guys are to the development of this game. To give everyone a little more transparency on my role, it's my job to communicate with you on behalf of the studio and communicate to the studio on behalf of the community. I know it may not seem like your threads or replies are much, but they are literally taken directly to the top of our leadership across the board (even those that I haven't replied to). I read everything on this forum so that the rest of the team (who are a whole lot smarter than I am) can work their dev magic. We hope that the upcoming Developer Diaries can bring more studio presence that you're asking for to the table, all while keeping everyone better informed.

We know you guys are frustrated. We know you guys want more to chew on. Things are moving behind the scenes, and we're working on bringing them to the forefront asap.
stormycrown22

AmperCamper wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:21 am
WeaponX wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:39 am While fundamentally I agree...they still need to start building community hype...I log in pretty frequently to check the forums for updates even though I only post once and a blue moon...I just want to have something to be hype about. There is almost little to no communication with the studio outside of the community manager. It would be nice if they started showing us some additional stuff for the game. "More news will be released in the coming weeks" has been the go to phrase for the last few months....It's been weeks and we still haven't received any actual updates.
Thanks for being open about your frustration with us. As a whole, we agree that we could've done a better job keeping you guys looped in on progress. And, we are very much aware of the gap since our last announcement. But, if there's anything I'd like as a takeaway from this thread, it's that there are so many moving components happening internally that connect just about everything we do. And, given the unique nature of Six Days, there are even more challenges.

We have no intention of closing shop and leaving Six Days on the backburner. And, we recognize how vital you guys are to the development of this game. To give everyone a little more transparency on my role, it's my job to communicate with you on behalf of the studio and communicate to the studio on behalf of the community. I know it may not seem like your threads or replies are much, but they are literally taken directly to the top of our leadership across the board (even those that I haven't replied to). I read everything on this forum so that the rest of the team (who are a whole lot smarter than I am) can work their dev magic. We hope that the upcoming Developer Diaries can bring more studio presence that you're asking for to the table, all while keeping everyone better informed.

We know you guys are frustrated. We know you guys want more to chew on. Things are moving behind the scenes, and we're working on bringing them to the forefront asap.
i respect this response a lot but can yall toss us a bone every once in a while to keep us interest and give us something to talk about? it doesnt have to be much but like a new texture or a new model here and there or maybe yall could do a Q&A live stream of some sort? we all understand why but the fact of the matter is its hard to stay interested in something if we dont see new things like yea we can go back and watch the trrailer and i think most of us have watched it more than a few times (hell even i take my phone out at work when im not suppose too to show people this amazing game) and it pains me when i show people this game and they ask me question that i cant answer cuz i dont have the information. we all are excited for the diary but we just need something to talk about lol i haven been as active as i usually am because ive ran out of things to talk about and out of most of my friends, im the only one who still believes in this game and i would love to show them something to make them believe too. like i said we understand, we would just like something to chew on and im sure you understand.
AmperCamper
Community Manager

Thanks stormy, understood. I try to answer as many questions as I can while the team works on getting our next announcements prepped. While I know it's no substitute, I hope it helps in the meantime. Hitting the "go-live" button isn't as easy as it sounds, but we're open to hosting livestreams in the future. The same can be said for developer QnA's, if not more so.
Treesarefun

AmperCamper wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:39 am Thanks stormy, understood. I try to answer as many questions as I can while the team works on getting our next announcements prepped. While I know it's no substitute, I hope it helps in the meantime. Hitting the "go-live" button isn't as easy as it sounds, but we're open to hosting livestreams in the future. The same can be said for developer QnA's, if not more so.
I don't think people are asking for a full on dev-blog full of teasers, just some screenshots with a caption. The answer for why there's no new content has been "development is complicated, we aren't ready to announce anything." But we aren't asking for an announcement at this point. Just some pictures to keep us interested. Surely the devs can share a screenshot of some new gear or weapons? That doesn't require much effort or explanation.

I understand why you can't provide a release date. I understand why you can't provide a dev blog. I understand why you can't share beta plans. But some screenshots? There's gotta be some updated assets by now, right?

I know being the middle man between the devs and community is frustrating, and you can't share as much as you want to. But according to your website, the game is supposed to come out within two months and we've heard nothing major since march. We aren't asking for much. We just want SOMETHING.
Kean_1

AmperCamper wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:39 am Thanks stormy, understood. I try to answer as many questions as I can while the team works on getting our next announcements prepped. While I know it's no substitute, I hope it helps in the meantime. Hitting the "go-live" button isn't as easy as it sounds, but we're open to hosting livestreams in the future. The same can be said for developer QnA's, if not more so.
It means a lot to folks like me that you are staying engaged with the community to answer what questions you are able and even pass ideas along to the rest of the team.

Of course I would love to see more regarding the details of development and obviously any news on a release date / time frame but I also understand and accept your explanation. The fact that there still is interaction and confirmation that the project is still progressing is a good thing.

A scenario I might be apprehensive and perhaps really irritated with is if there were complete radio silence.

I'm looking forward to when you folks are able to share more. My friends and I are very excited for this game for several reasons including the authenticity, replayability (procedurally generated environments), ability to co-op, the hardcore elements, etc. We're a collection of old farts with various backgrounds even several with military experience. We all eat this stuff up.

I'll be staying tuned regardless as there is a slim selection of titles that lean more to the hardcore or milsim side of the spectrum on console. Glad to see more studios making the effort to bring them to us though as we just can't get enough. Love to add this one to our collection of games we play.