Just an old Bungie fan chiming in

Share suggestions and feedback here.
MoreThanHisShare

Just an old Bungie fan chiming in

I'm a big fan of the Halo games (Combat Evolved through Reach) and I followed Golem's development with great anticipation, due to the Highwire team having the legend of game music, Marty O'Donnell, and also Jaime Griesemer due to his design work on the Halo games.

I admit to being disappointed with Golem (except for the music which was terrific) and didn't actually finish that game, which is rare for me. Thematically, it just didn't "grab" me like great games do (Halo, for example). One of the things I found uncomfortable about it was the "lean to move" control scheme. But just now I peeked at Highwire's website and found a posting about alternate control schemes for Golem. So maybe I'll have to go back and give that game another chance with a different control scheme.

Anyway, I just became aware of Six Days in Fallujah (through a job posting, oddly enough). It sounds like a really cool project and the more I learn about it the more interesting it seems. I think if the team executes on it really well, it could be a breath of fresh air in a genre that has been done to death. Unlike FPS games in a typical "Middle Eastern warfare" setting, they seem to be taking a very different approach here which sounds like it will avoid all the derivative cliches of a Call of Duty type game. I like the approach being taken here, to ground the game more in reality and focus on the real-life experiences of actual soldiers, not just making another generic shooter frag-fest.

There's not many games these days that I find worth playing, so I'm really looking forward to this one coming out. I hope they release it on PS4 since I haven't upgraded to PS5 yet and don't have a PC these days. I'll trust the team to apply their talents and execute as best they can on this promising concept. And really looking forward to seeing what sort of audio tapestry that Marty weaves to immerse us in this interesting shooter!
AmperCamper
Community Manager

Re: Just an old Bungie fan chiming in

Welcome to the forums. It's cool to hear from a veteran of Bungie titles (and hopefully Golem after a revisit)! Thanks for checking in and sharing your support with us, and I'll be sure to pass this on to the rest of the team.
MoreThanHisShare wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:41 am Unlike FPS games in a typical "Middle Eastern warfare" setting, they seem to be taking a very different approach here which sounds like it will avoid all the derivative cliches of a Call of Duty type game. I like the approach being taken here, to ground the game more in reality and focus on the real-life experiences of actual soldiers, not just making another generic shooter frag-fest.
This is exactly right. Six Days aims to be the most authentic title in the genre to date. Countless stories were shared with us from those who were actually in Fallujah, and we're telling these stories in a medium that allows more understanding of what those experiences were like (if ever so slightly). And, we are humbled by the opportunity to do so.