Importance of semi over full auto.

Share suggestions and feedback here.
Rafael Valor

Importance of semi over full auto.

I'm not the best English speaker in the world so bear with me, this is just a shower thought I had over the principles of fire discipline. People spraying their guns with full auto in multiplayer coop games can take you out of the experience. It's why I liked Insurgency 2014 over Sandstorm, due to the time to kill being shorter which enhanced the preference to shooting well aimed 1 shots to the torso, going Rambo was, even though still viable, discouraged upon.

It's astonishing to see how many games prefer going the easy route and downright make spray 'n pray mode the only practical option rather than being accurate while saving ammo in the long run.

Usually it's not a problem in single player due to friendly AI being programmed correctly and obviously playing with friends and other tactical folks who are willing to cooperate, not random matchmaking ones.

Greetings, Rafael.
Stickfigure21

Re: Importance of semi over full auto.

100% agree.

Literally watch any shoot out from body or helm cams from US troops. Anyone with an M4 Carbine / M16 always use it in semi.

Yes, both have full auto / burst functions, but all the vets I’ve talked about with this topic emphasize that one well placed shot is better than 10-15 rounds of uncontrolled fire. At that point you’re just wasting ammo.

-Steve
stormycrown22

Stickfigure21 wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 4:32 pm 100% agree.

Literally watch any shoot out from body or helm cams from US troops. Anyone with an M4 Carbine / M16 always use it in semi.

Yes, both have full auto / burst functions, but all the vets I’ve talked about with this topic emphasize that one well placed shot is better than 10-15 rounds of uncontrolled fire. At that point you’re just wasting ammo.

-Steve
Agreed, no one I know would using anything but semi, you only have a limited number of mags out in the field and every round counts especially when ya are doing what the marines were doing in fallujah.
AmperCamper
Community Manager

Jumping in to say that while it may seem obvious, you have the option to toggle fire modes in Six Days.
BloodDiamond

There is a time for it, though. I mean, sure, semi auto can do a really neat job of suppressing someone, but full auto can do you a hell of a lot better. I do agree, however, I'm tired of games like Ghost Recon and Battlefield basically forcing you to use full auto.
Raven

AmperCamper wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:44 pm Jumping in to say that while it may seem obvious, you have the option to toggle fire modes in Six Days.
Great, I hope there will be different animations for the different firearms, where you can see how the mode is changed on the weapon :D