Community Discord?

Share suggestions and feedback here.
WeaponX

Community Discord?

As someone who has been following this game for a very very very very long time...I would love to be involved in an Official Six Days in Fallujah discord server. Has one been discussed/started by the Develop Team/Community Manager?

Thank you,
WeaponX
AmperCamper
Community Manager

Re: Community Discord?

It has, quite often by some of the community members. We absolutely want to launch an official server, but our initial focus has been growing our forums and consolidating news for everyone.

There have been some unofficial servers shared in the past, but know that we are planning to host one in the future.
staropal0972

It would be absolutely helpful to establish an official server once the beta is out, as that is when real time interactions will be absolutely necessary. It's like comparing emails vs texts. There's simply no contest.
Stickfigure21

An official discord would be great. Just a place for all of us to bullshit and talk about how hard we all are for a tactical horror shooter like 6DIF. Would love more opportunities to get to interact with community members & dev’s.

-Steve
staropal0972

Stickfigure21 wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 6:10 pm An official discord would be great. Just a place for all of us to bullshit and talk about how hard we all are for a tactical horror shooter like 6DIF. Would love more opportunities to get to interact with community members & dev’s.

-Steve
To be frank i'm sick of using the forums. Its a poor method of communication and we barely like ever get a post per week. Maybe about 5 to 8 per week? But that is usually it.
Stickfigure21

staropal0972 wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 6:12 pm
Stickfigure21 wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 6:10 pm An official discord would be great. Just a place for all of us to bullshit and talk about how hard we all are for a tactical horror shooter like 6DIF. Would love more opportunities to get to interact with community members & dev’s.

-Steve
To be frank i'm sick of using the forums. Its a poor method of communication and we barely like ever get a post per week. Maybe about 5 to 8 per week? But that is usually it.

Well the forum isn’t TERRIBLE, but admittedly yes, it is a bit clunky. I’m sure the devs’s like the idea of a discord too, but let’s be honest here, I’m sure it’s not tip top of their list with all the other shit they have to deal with (like making the actual game).

-Steve
AmperCamper
Community Manager

staropal0972 wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 6:12 pm To be frank i'm sick of using the forums. Its a poor method of communication and we barely like ever get a post per week. Maybe about 5 to 8 per week? But that is usually it.
There's no replacing real-time interactions, absolutely. But, forums or Discord, the stream of news at the moment would remain the same. Opening one right now wouldn't necessarily grant information faster. Managing a Discord is a massive undertaking as well, and it's something we want to do correctly at the right time. But, it's something we want to do.
Stickfigure21 wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 6:10 pm Well the forum isn’t TERRIBLE, but admittedly yes, it is a bit clunky. I’m sure the devs’s like the idea of a discord too, but let’s be honest here, I’m sure it’s not tip top of their list with all the other shit they have to deal with (like making the actual game).
Please give us suggestions on improving the forums! Also, make no mistake: community is very important to us. Not giving a voice to those most dedicated to your project is a mistake tons of studios make. Your feedback helps keep us on track.
staropal0972

I would expect a discord to be created once the beta is released, as I stand correct in saying that is a better medium to provide feedback and such when we actually get our hands on the game eventually, whether that be this year or early next year. Perhaps it's not urgent but I think the majority of us would prefer communicating through something like Discord over using the forums. Until more announcements are made, we can cool off for now.
Stickfigure21

Well I’m sure there are more than a few community members who would help moderate the discord if created. It doesn’t seem like it would be a huge challenge seeing as the forum isn’t terribly big. It could probably be well kept with 5 or 6 mods at most.

Most decent members know the basic rules, it pretty much boils down to “Don’t be an asshole”. I’d be happy to volunteer in helping out in any way if the devs want to go down the discord route.

As far as feedback on the forum, it mostly just comes down to getting used to how it works. Images is the largest “clunk” I’ve encountered. I’ve yet to figure out how to upload images while using the forum on my phone, but 90% of the time it’s not a big deal.

-Steve
AmperCamper
Community Manager

Stickfigure21 wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 10:29 pm As far as feedback on the forum, it mostly just comes down to getting used to how it works. Images is the largest “clunk” I’ve encountered. I’ve yet to figure out how to upload images while using the forum on my phone, but 90% of the time it’s not a big deal.
Images have to be hosted elsewhere and linked, which is easier to do on desktop to be fair. It's possible on mobile, but you do have to jump through more windows. I'll take a look at options, but our theme is pretty set in stone.

Thanks for this!