Is destruction planned?

Share suggestions and feedback here.
valentinbk

Is destruction planned?

Hey, got a quick question about destruction. I know that in the first Six Days game (that sadly got cancelled) destructible environments were one of the things they were going for. So my question is, is that something you're considering?
And if wall\building destruction is not planned, will perhaps the interior objects be responsive?

Edit: here's a clip of the destruction from the first game footage (at 4:20 in this video)
Tazzadar3

Re: Is destruction planned?

valentinbk wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 4:50 am Hey, got a quick question about destruction. I know that in the first Six Days game (that sadly got cancelled) destructible environments were one of the things they were going for. So my question is, is that something you're considering?
And if wall\building destruction is not planned, will perhaps the interior objects be responsive?

Edit: here's a clip of the destruction from the first game footage (at 4:20 in this video)
From my understanding they might be having interactive walls that you can breach, but no fully destructible environments.
As for micro destruction I am not sure.
AmperCamper
Community Manager

Environmental destruction is minor this time around. It's not the kind of full-scale destruction created for the 2009 game.
valentinbk

AmperCamper wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:13 am Environmental destruction is minor this time around. It's not the kind of full-scale destruction created for the 2009 game.
Figured it might be like that, can't have everything. All I saw so far looks really good, very much looking forward to trying the game out
evan466

valentinbk wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 10:17 am
AmperCamper wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:13 am Environmental destruction is minor this time around. It's not the kind of full-scale destruction created for the 2009 game.
Figured it might be like that, can't have everything. All I saw so far looks really good, very much looking forward to trying the game out
At a certain point with destructible environment they seem to become "the game" rather than just a feature in the game. I'm thinking about when Battlefield first made them a big deal or the Red Faction games. Nice to have them but game will probably be better served with other areas given priority.
valentinbk

evan466 wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:50 pm At a certain point with destructible environment they seem to become "the game" rather than just a feature in the game. I'm thinking about when Battlefield first made them a big deal or the Red Faction games. Nice to have them but game will probably be better served with other areas given priority.
I think there's a difference between giving big explosives to every other soldier, making ammo resupplies easily available (and very encouraged) and almost instant respawns after death. And just having the option of every wall\object responding, but not having nearly enough explosives around to level it all or even a lot of it.
But yeah, as was mentioned, they're focusing on other things and that's perfectly fine.