Soul Switching.

Share suggestions and feedback here.
Rafael Valor

Soul Switching.

Character switching was the part of the first Ghost Recon that worked out so well. They were all kinda no-names, and switching around from one to the next when it was time to finesse (read: micromanage) them into place or out of a bad situation was cool therefore. You jump into the teammate's body, lead him/her and the fire team as needed, then move on to whatever's next.

You played as the team rather than just a single character, I believe it could improve the experience.

Also, I know you can argue it is more realistic using no soul switching, but for me leaving that option out, ruined a great deal of the pure fun of single player gaming.
stormycrown22

Re: Soul Switching.

Rafael Valor wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:35 am Character switching was the part of the first Ghost Recon that worked out so well. They were all kinda no-names, and switching around from one to the next when it was time to finesse (read: micromanage) them into place or out of a bad situation was cool therefore. You jump into the teammate's body, lead him/her and the fire team as needed, then move on to whatever's next.

You played as the team rather than just a single character, I believe it could improve the experience.

Also, I know you can argue it is more realistic using no soul switching, but for me leaving that option out, ruined a great deal of the pure fun of single player gaming.
i think that might take away from the game rather than improve it, not saying its a bad idea. its a good idea but i dont think it will fit this game for the, the game is telling the marines stories and you are that soldier, you are seeing through their eyes, not the entire squad's eyes, plus if you were able to swap between bodies you get a little more reckless because if you die you just jump to another body so you are not as worried about your own well being as much.the game wants you to have anxiety while playing the game so the fact you only get one chance or else game over adds to that. so for other games that would work but for a game thats telling a story as if you were the main soldier does not.
Rafael Valor

stormycrown22 wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:12 pm
Rafael Valor wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:35 am Character switching was the part of the first Ghost Recon that worked out so well. They were all kinda no-names, and switching around from one to the next when it was time to finesse (read: micromanage) them into place or out of a bad situation was cool therefore. You jump into the teammate's body, lead him/her and the fire team as needed, then move on to whatever's next.

i think that might take away from the game rather than improve it, not saying its a bad idea. its a good idea but i dont think it will fit this game for the, the game is telling the marines stories and you are that soldier, you are seeing through their eyes, not the entire squad's eyes, plus if you were able to swap between bodies you get a little more reckless because if you die you just jump to another body so you are not as worried about your own well being as much.the game wants you to have anxiety while playing the game so the fact you only get one chance or else game over adds to that. so for other games that would work but for a game thats telling a story as if you were the main soldier does not.
I see, yes. Now that I think about it, for this kind of game it may be better to not switch characters, for me I always disliked male Mary Sue characters that can do everything by themselves i.e: Solid Snake, Sam Fisher, Leon S. Kennedy (despite their iconic statuses) and focusing on a team of normal everyday people that happened to join the military seems more interesting to me.

One thing we can always agree on, PVP would absolutely be a terrible choice to include for this game, that's for sure.
stormycrown22

Rafael Valor wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:25 am

I see, yes. Now that I think about it, for this kind of game it may be better to not switch characters, for me I always disliked male Mary Sue characters that can do everything by themselves i.e: Solid Snake, Sam Fisher, Leon S. Kennedy (despite their iconic statuses) and focusing on a team of normal everyday people that happened to join the military seems more interesting to me.

One thing we can always agree on, PVP would absolutely be a terrible choice to include for this game, that's for sure.
i 100% agreed, i just hope they dont make it to where you can pick up enemy weapons and use them, to my knowledge that never happen. one of the things that always bothered me about some games is how the main character can pick up any gun and know how to use it which wouldnt be the case in real life unless you were lets say a gunners mate in the navy (that was my mos, idk what the marines or army eqivilent would be.) certain guns take certain training to use. with the derection this game is taking i believe they need to make it as realistic as possible and that will only help to convay what it was truely like during the time.
staropal0972

stormycrown22 wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 2:24 pm
Rafael Valor wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:25 am

i 100% agreed, i just hope they dont make it to where you can pick up enemy weapons and use them, to my knowledge that never happen. one of the things that always bothered me about some games is how the main character can pick up any gun and know how to use it which wouldnt be the case in real life unless you were lets say a gunners mate in the navy (that was my mos, idk what the marines or army eqivilent would be.) certain guns take certain training to use. with the derection this game is taking i believe they need to make it as realistic as possible and that will only help to convay what it was truely like during the time.
A real Marine would never try to pick up enemy weapons and abandon their service rifle, there's the Rifleman's Creed. If this game is aiming to be highly authentic then they won't allow such feature. Also while the idea of soul switching sounds interesting but yet nostalgic, basing the description off of Six Days this game will not be utilizing this feature. It's based off individual stories of people who fought and/or witnessed the battle, like previously said it's about you experiencing what these individuals on foot experienced.