Basic Medical System Idea

Share suggestions and feedback here.
Treesarefun

Basic Medical System Idea

Regarding the medical system- Some people are requesting an EFT type medical system or no medical system at all. I think a good middle-ground would be just having tourniquets, combat gauze, and a one-time revive system for medics.
  • Tourniquets would be used to stop bleeding/health loss when shot in a limb. There can be an animation for this that lasts around 5-10 seconds.
  • Combat gauze would used to stop bleeding/health loss when shot in the body. There can be an animation of unpacking and then stuffing the gauze off screen (as if you are wound packing, but wound packing would be too hard to animate)
That's it. You just stop the bleed and continue with the mission. No regeneration.

Now for teammate care. A medic should be able to "revive" an incapacitated teammate with an IV, allowing them one more chance but with low health. It could be a long 20 second process of holding the IV bag. The incapacitated teammate will also continue bleeding unless it is stopped by someone. If the incapacitated teammate does not get the bleeding controlled in a certain amount of time (~1 min) they will die for good. Once the bleeding is controlled, the incapacitated teammate will have ~3 minutes for a medic to come revive them or they die. Headshots are an instant kill. No incapacitated state. It sounds complicated, but in practice it's just your average "revive within X amount of time or bleed out" system with some extra steps.

That may have been confusing, so here is an example of how it would play out:

1. Teammate gets injured and is incapacitated
2. Someone arrives in under 1 minute and controls bleeding (using a TQ or gauze)
3. The medic arrives in under 3 minutes and administers an IV for ~20 seconds
4. The incapacitated teammate is now back in the fight but with very low health. They cannot be revived again.

I know, reviving someone with an IV is not exactly realistic, but they are used in TCCC (Tactical Combat Casualty Care) and it is a good way to allow you or your buddy a second chance. This is mostly an idea for COOP but it could work in SP too.

Thoughts? Especially from a community manager.
Last edited by Treesarefun on Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
staropal0972

Re: Basic Medical System Idea

Treesarefun wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:49 pm Regarding the medical system- Some people are requesting an EFT type medical system or no medical system at all. I think a good middle-ground would be just having a tourniquets, combat gauze, and a one-time revive system for medics.
  • Tourniquets would be used to stop bleeding/health loss when shot in a limb. There can be an animation for this that lasts around 5-10 seconds.
  • Combat gauze would used to stop bleeding/health loss when shot in the body. There can be an animation of unpacking and then stuffing the gauze off screen (as if you are wound packing, but wound packing would be too hard to animate)
That's it. You just stop the bleed and continue with the mission. No regeneration.

Now for teammate care. A medic should be able to "revive" an incapacitated teammate with an IV, allowing them one more chance but with low health. It could be a long 20 second process of holding the IV bag. The incapacitated teammate will also continue bleeding unless the bleeding is stopped by someone. If the incapacitated teammate does not get the bleeding controlled in a certain amount of time (~1 min) they will die for good. Once the bleeding is controlled, the incapacitated teammate will have ~3 minutes for a medic to come revive them or they die. Headshots are an instant kill. No incapacitated state.

That may have been confusing, so here is an example of how it would play out:

1. Teammate gets shot and is incapacitated
2. Someone arrives in under 1 minute and controls bleeding (using a TQ or gauze)
3. The medic arrives in under 3 minutes and administers an IV for ~20 seconds
4. The incapacitated teammate is now back in the fight but with very low health. They cannot be revived again.

I know, reviving someone with an IV is not exactly realistic, but they are used in TCCC (Tactical Combat Casualty Care) and it is a good way to allow you or your buddy a second chance. This is mostly an idea for COOP but it could work in SP too.

Thoughts? Especially from a community manager.
Sounds almost perfect! I commend you for thinking all this out. One example I heard from SDIF's original pitch back in 2008 was that Marine Sgt. Eddie Garcia mentioned being treated with a TQ on his right leg, which was bleeding due to being struck by a mortar.

Fast forward to 2021's announcement trailer, we actually see that scene being played out (I am guessing this is it?)

Another one of the screenshots also depicts blood and how carrying a fellow Marine would contribute toward one of the methods of saving/assisting teammates.