Make optics/sights realistic! (ACOGs, MARS, etc.)

Share suggestions and feedback here.
Stickfigure21

Re: Make optics/sights realistic! (ACOGs, MARS, etc.)

I’m not sure how the copyright system works when it comes to items like Trijicon ACOG’s or EOTech Holographic sights.....

Maybe Amper will know the answer to this, but how does that work? Can you just put brand name items like that in the game? Or do the devs have to pay a royalty to whatever company they name?

I know it doesn’t have much to do with the original topic, just something that crossed my mind.

-Steve
stormycrown22

Re: Make optics/sights realistic! (ACOGs, MARS, etc.)

Stickfigure21 wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 10:35 pm I’m not sure how the copyright system works when it comes to items like Trijicon ACOG’s or EOTech Holographic sights.....

Maybe Amper will know the answer to this, but how does that work? Can you just put brand name items like that in the game? Or do the devs have to pay a royalty to whatever company they name?

I know it doesn’t have much to do with the original topic, just something that crossed my mind.

-Steve
Usually you have to get permission to use their name and brand with stuff like that. Like how games like forza motor sports has to get permission from Ford and all that to use their cars in the game. So to my understanding they will have to get permission from the company to use their name in the game if they decide too. But if they don't use the name I don't think they have too, not to sure at that point. All ik is of you want to use a brands name in the game you do have to have permission from the company you want to add. I think most games get around that issue just by not having the optics have a brand or they make up a brand that only exists in game. At least that's my understanding, I could be completely wrong but to my understanding that that's how it works, I think lol.