Breaching

Share suggestions and feedback here.
Blade0351

Breaching

Hey so I had a suggestion for AI commands/breaching. I like the idea of a go command because realistically, your team should know their roles like how to stack on a door, clear rooms, and all of that. I don't think you need super specific commands as we didn't use anything super specific when I was in the Corps. Everyone knew there job and the team leaders and squad leaders trusted us to do it.

Regarding breaching, as a former Assaultman, I know there are multiple ways to breach so it would be cool to see that implemented. For example, instead of going through a door, we could take out a wall using a concrete charge or blowing a hole in it using the SMAW. So different options like that would be great to see.

Also, any chance we'll get to use the SMAW in this game or at least see it being used during the game?
AmperCamper
Community Manager

Re: Breaching

Hey Blade,

Part of our design objective is to get players to stop thinking of maps as linear and more like sandboxes. Think instances where combat puzzles can be solved in multiple ways from multiple directions. While blowing holes in walls is a big technical challenge, many of our buildings have multiple entrances, and that includes ways to access rooftops and cross-buildings from rooftops to clear top-down.

We’re also providing a lot of in-game voice support, so whether teams use voice or the Go-Command to communicate in co-op will vary from team to team. Regardless, teams will have to communicate in some way to survive, even if everyone knows their roles. Also, keep in mind that the Go-Command will be essential during the solo campaign.

As for SMAWs: they were used in Fallujah, but we haven’t decided whether they will be included in gameplay just yet.
Blade0351

AmperCamper wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 2:42 pm Hey Blade,

Part of our design objective is to get players to stop thinking of maps as linear and more like sandboxes. Think instances where combat puzzles can be solved in multiple ways from multiple directions. While blowing holes in walls is a big technical challenge, many of our buildings have multiple entrances, and that includes ways to access rooftops and cross-buildings from rooftops to clear top-down.

We’re also providing a lot of in-game voice support, so whether teams use voice or the Go-Command to communicate in co-op will vary from team to team. Regardless, teams will have to communicate in some way to survive, even if everyone knows their roles. Also, keep in mind that the Go-Command will be essential during the solo campaign.

As for SMAWs: they were used in Fallujah, but we haven’t decided whether they will be included in gameplay just yet.
Got it! I was referring more to the AI in solo as far as I think the go command is fine since the AI should know their roles and it sounds like that's the plan so I appreciate it.

Also, I couldn't agree more that there should be multiple ways to take the building down so I'm glad y'all are doing that.

I really hope to see the SMAW since I loves using that weapon since. Also, it would be awesome to see some more breaching charges in the game as well. Can't wait for the final product to come out!
Oxide

AmperCamper wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 2:42 pm

The smaw would be a great weapon to take down technicals or dug in enemies i could see it being used in coop too like only a certain class gets to use it, if thats what you're doing with coop