Dot site

Share suggestions and feedback here.
MRTINK

Dot site

While I don't like the new point aim mechanic, I do like the dot much better than the crosshairs. I do have an issue with it however. I can barely see it. Most of the time it is like playing with it turned off. Why is the crosshair adjustable but the dot isn't? We need to be able to change the color and brightness of it.
MRTINK

Re: Dot site

Another issue noted with the dot site. When playing with the crosshair selected and choosing a frag, there is a wiggly line to use to aim the frag. When changing to the dot site, the line goes away and there is no way to aim the frag.
AmperCamper
Community Manager

MRTINK wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 11:31 am While I don't like the new point aim mechanic, I do like the dot much better than the crosshairs. I do have an issue with it however. I can barely see it. Most of the time it is like playing with it turned off. Why is the crosshair adjustable but the dot isn't? We need to be able to change the color and brightness of it.
This was intentional, as the dot skewed as a popular choice during our internal testing. We're monitoring discussions and gameplay using the dot, and we'll review feedback here.
MRTINK wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 4:42 pm Another issue noted with the dot site. When playing with the crosshair selected and choosing a frag, there is a wiggly line to use to aim the frag. When changing to the dot site, the line goes away and there is no way to aim the frag.
Noted, I'll report this to the team. Thanks!
MRTINK

AmperCamper wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 7:42 am
MRTINK wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 11:31 am While I don't like the new point aim mechanic, I do like the dot much better than the crosshairs. I do have an issue with it however. I can barely see it. Most of the time it is like playing with it turned off. Why is the crosshair adjustable but the dot isn't? We need to be able to change the color and brightness of it.
This was intentional, as the dot skewed as a popular choice during our internal testing. We're monitoring discussions and gameplay using the dot, and we'll review feedback here.
Making it almost invisible was by choice? I do not understand this. If it was what the majority of players wants, why would you make it the hardest to work with?
AmperCamper
Community Manager

MRTINK wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 11:48 am Making it almost invisible was by choice? I do not understand this. If it was what the majority of players wants, why would you make it the hardest to work with?
We don't want the dot to be too strong over other options available. I'll note your feedback on this Tink, and we're open to more comments on this.
filed.teeth

Additional comments:

My initial concern about getting the dot back was for single/burst indication (which was implemented) but, ya, I agree with Tink, why can't it's intensity be adjustable like the crosshairs?

The dot is the same intensity as the Low Crosshair.

Why can't there be a Crosshair or Dot choice and then a Low, Default, High for whichever you choose?

(though for that matter why cant there be a Crosshair/Dot/Original choice? Still hate the change lol. and when you announced an aiming change really thought we were getting a choice between crosshair and OG back...)